• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Up in smoke

surreypilot

Dec 19, 2021
Truck Year
I am really just grasping at straws here but I recently brought my Truck a (2015 Ram Eco diesel) in to a Chrysler dealership because of a service engine light had come on.
Long story short after a couple days in the shop I get a phone call at the end of the day. Your truck is ready. And by the way the technician noticed the motor was knocking and you will need to have your motor replaced... I said pardon???. She said yes I will contact you on Monday with a list of options seeing you are no longer covered by a warrantee. I have 74,000 km / 46,000 miles on that truck. To me that's just broken in. This is devastating news, and also it has been only two months since the notorious VB1 Safety recall done on it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated here, I need to be able to get some sleep.