• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Updated 2021 MPG report

Dlguzz

Sep 22, 2020
Truck Year
Not Listed
It was not easy to find info on the gen 3 engine when I was making my purchase decision. So here are my results so far on the gen 3, 2nd year engine.

Order to delivery was 10 weeks.

'21 Bighorn, Crew cab, 4x4, 3.21 gears, 33 gal tank. All stock. So far, 3 trips with no load. Elevation 3-5k'. Temp mid 60's on all trips. 2 trips of approx 150 miles. 1 trip approx 300 miles. Ballpark trip mph overall is 55-65mph.
Trip 1=32mpg
Trip 2=31.5mpg
Trip 3=32.5mpg (longer trip)
Guage mpg and hand calculated matched every time after I topped off the tank.
So far, 1300 total miles on truck. No dash notification of any DEF usage. Def tank still shows full.

Hope this is helpful.

Dave

Mxvet0354

Apr 20, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks Dave!! I can agree and back you up on a 2020 4x4 Bighorn, completely stock. I did a 309 mile round trip today and rolled in at 31.1 on the dash, 31.02 by hand. All 65mph and under, back country roads in middle TN and southern KY. It was a pretty day and drive and I was about as easy as I could be on it.