• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

VB 1 recall

Wlw

Feb 19, 2020
Truck Year
I have a 18’ EcoDiesel with about 45k miles. Last week I noticed the coolant was low. It overheated a bit before I could get to a dealership to buy the coolant. Since then I have gone through a gallon of the concentrated coolant. I also had a crankcase pressure sensor throw a code.Took it to the dealership and they have determined that the EGR is Faulty. In the They are going to temporarily fix it by putting one of the EGR coolers that are in stock back on it. They have “determined “ that there is no engine damage. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice would be appreciated thanks

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group every one has that problem sooner or later

Reactions: Wlw

vandan

Sep 18, 2016
Truck Year
I have the same problem but not as bad they have a recall out for egr problem but the fix won't be till April 9

ScotttA

Jan 10, 2020
Truck Year
I'm expecting my VB1 cooler replacement part @ the dealer today.
I'd been noticing coolant missing since purchasing the '16 ED 1500(132k mi) in November. CEL finally came on specific to the EGR cooler in January and I stopped driving it at that time.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
You are expecting it to be replaced with the old part, I hope!