• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vehicle phone requires service - does anyone know what is wrong now?

Audreysmom

Aug 3, 2021
Truck Year
That is what is on the dash display. My GPS works intermittently(this all began on 9/12) and yesterday afternoon the display did not come up at all until I turned off and restarted the truck twice. I have a 2016 Ram EcoDiesel which has twice had radiator leaks out the tailpipe among all the other issues that I have had. Ugh - I currently am not driving the vehicle like I was before the pandemic - so way less miles being racked up but next month I start doing events where I tow my utility trailer (which loaded weighs about 6,000 lbs.). I bought this truck because of the great mileage and tow ability, but it seems like every time I tow now I end up at the dealership (last time the truck did not make it past the first 100 miles of the trip). With only 95,000 miles this truck is not living up to my expectations. Display 9_15_2021.jpg

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome! I had an issue with my wiring harness to the roof antenna after the top of my cab had issues. Alfaobd and a Bluetooth obd adapter will allow you to check codes as the dealer would and possibly repair or reset it. It’s around 100$ for the setup

Audreysmom

Aug 3, 2021
Truck Year
Well - Dealership has determined that there is an internal failure in the radio. U-Connect authorized a replacement, since it died when upgrading the software. Goes to the dealership tomorrow for replacement. We will see what happens.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Well - Dealership has determined that there is an internal failure in the radio. U-Connect authorized a replacement, since it died when upgrading the software. Goes to the dealership tomorrow for replacement. We will see what happens.

Is the dealer going to cover up the issue?

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
Welcome! I had an issue with my wiring harness to the roof antenna after the top of my cab had issues. Alfaobd and a Bluetooth obd adapter will allow you to check codes as the dealer would and possibly repair or reset it. It’s around 100$ for the setup
Or as little as $60 if you buy the alphaobd for $50 and one of the common original elm327 adapters for $10 shipped... The newer premium MX adapter is nice but To be honest, its additional range, speed and cost is not recessarily needed for things like this.
I have 2 cheap ebay adapters and have used them both to do things like program new keys, change tires size and activate the rear view camera option without any issues.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Correct. This is the one I use just fine and paid 50 for software. 8F71B274-37B0-4225-9AFC-A915CD8B19BF.png