• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vibration

Ecoram2017

May 16, 2019
Truck Year
Hey guys I’m new to the ecodiesel forum.
I have a 2017 ecodiesel big horn.
I was running original tires and mags with 2.5” leveling kit.
I changed the tires to a 33” more agressive and LT TIRE. There was a slight vibrate going on and then it got worse with time. I thought maybe I bent a rim or something which I New I didn’t so I went out and bought some new mags from HD. In the mean time the dealer found some problems with my diff rebuilt it and balanced the drive shaft. I put on my new mags with my new tires and the vibration is still there. Also when I put a maxi trailer on it makes the vibration worse. Do you guys have any idea what can be causing this vibration. Now the dealer is giving me a hard time and is saying it’s the tires but when I got them balanced it didn’t take a lot of weights or look off to me.
Give me your opinions

C505F774-B431-4F09-8F1D-4E88A40F3A94.jpeg

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I would try Road Force Balancing the tires before spending any more money. The dealer should have a Road Force Balance machine, and some tire shops do. You can call around and see who will do it and how much. Some dealers are 30 dollars a wheel and some are 10.

Fair warning - even good Michelins fail road force balancing and they have to send you new ones. I would say 25% of all tires fail.

Ecoram2017

May 16, 2019
Truck Year
See idk if it actually is my tires the problem. They rebuilt the diff because there was bearing problems etc I feel like it would be something in the diff.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
You said: "Now the dealer is giving me a hard time and is saying it’s the tires but when I got them balanced it didn’t take a lot of weights or look off to me." - So I gave you my opinion which is a way to rule out the wheels and tires. If these wheels and tires Road Force balance show him the report.

JMF157

Jan 11, 2019
Truck Year
It is a long shot but do you take the same road, same lane and at almost the same speed every time you encounter the vibration? I ask because here on Long Island, NY we have a few roads that are build to NY's very high standards of CRAPPY or worse. There is a stretch of Sunrise Highway that makes both this 2016 EcoDiesel and my last 2005 Colorado bounce and when my trailer is attached the bouncing is so bad it is almost like a vibration message. It turns out the when the roadway was poured (concrete) it was never leveled properly and has a patterned ripple in the surface. You can see it very clearly at night when the headlight cast shadows across the peaks of each ripple.

Ecoram2017

May 16, 2019
Truck Year
It is a long shot but do you take the same road, same lane and at almost the same speed every time you encounter the vibration? I ask because here on Long Island, NY we have a few roads that are build to NY's very high standards of CRAPPY or worse. There is a stretch of Sunrise Highway that makes both this 2016 EcoDiesel and my last 2005 Colorado bounce and when my trailer is attached the bouncing is so bad it is almost like a vibration message. It turns out the when the roadway was poured (concrete) it was never leveled properly and has a patterned ripple in the surface. You can see it very clearly at night when the headlight cast shadows across the peaks of each ripple.

Ecoram2017

May 16, 2019
Truck Year
Yeah at first I was thinking it was that because down here in Quebec the roads are crap , but it wasn’t the vibration is caused on any road over the speed of 100km/h 60miles about and more. They changed the diff gears and bearings once and balanced the drive shaft. Seems to me there’s something not right

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its the tires....Balance Masters May solve the problem.... I have a Vib in My 2013 3500, I spent $1000s on chasing , Centramatic's, Balance Masters, 10 different balancing's, 3 sets of different tires, DL replacement ugh.