• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

W58 recall

jessjohnson620

Dec 11, 2020
Truck Year
I was accelerating on the interstate and I had my engine stall and now the dealership tell me that it is my crankshaft sensor. I believe it should be under this recall however for some reason my VIN is not under this recall for whatever reason. It is a 2014 ecodiesel. So now I am here without a vehicle for over a month and I have to pay out of pocket for the tone ring. Could they have missed adding my VIN somehow? It definitely matches the description in the recall.....

VWRICK

Mar 24, 2019
Truck Year
I would contact FCA and ask. They will probably open a case for you.

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
I had the same thing happen last spring. The local dealer showed it covered under the extended warrenty from the emissions reprogramming. Repaired at no cost to me but they did forget to tighten the driveshaft to the differential. I had a clunking develope at about 500 miles after the repair and of course was out of the area.

VWRICK

Mar 24, 2019
Truck Year
They are going to replace the tone rings, but they are redesigning/ reengineering them, and don't currently don't have any..... I have been told end of first quarter, as my truck still sits dead...

Micahbarnard

Dec 25, 2020
Truck Year
I have been told the recall is to program the ECM so the engine will run in limp mode and not to replace the ring.
I believe this is the case from my reading. Seems kinda pointless to get the recall done till they have the ring fixed and figured out. Instead of going in twice.

Micahbarnard

Dec 25, 2020
Truck Year
They are going to replace the tone rings, but they are redesigning/ reengineering them, and don't currently don't have any..... I have been told end of first quarter, as my truck still sits dead...
I hurt for you. This is rough. Hate mechanical problems

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I am still awaiting on my replacement EGR, I have been on the list since July and am now number 5 on the list. They are getting 2 EGR's per week. I asked about the tone rings and was told the redesigned part will not be available for at least a couple months.

flat4fever

Jan 7, 2021
Truck Year
I am told same. Pretty ridiculous for a recall announced in August 2020! Mine is dead, sitting on a dealer lot for repair.