• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Warranty ?

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
So, I'm reading the aem warranty and I'm confused which is nothing new but, the warranty states 10 years 120000 miles, and 4 years 48000 after aem is installed.

Can someone please straighten this out for me please. I only have 20k mi and 3 years old and may get the aem within 2 weeks or so.
Thanks

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
Has anyone covered under the aem ext warranty been refused repair of any kind.

John

Nov 13, 2015
There has been some confusion with dealers, but always seemed to get resolved in the favor of the customer.

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
Hmm, wondering because, my intake is loaded with soot and black goo under the soot which I think is the coolant from the egr cooler leak but, could be some oil I suppose.
If I get the aem flash I may need serious repair soon with only 20k mi on the vehicle.
If they would just reach the magic number to buy this truck from me , both sides would be better off.

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
I've looked at a 2017 yesterday with 22000 mi.
The intake manifold had some soot deposits and the cooler tube needed some cleaning but it had no wet residue in the intake whatsoever.
The 2016 with 60000 mi was badly sooted and about a half inch thick and the tube was almost clogged on the manifold end and no wet resudue anywhere in the system.

Again mine is 20k mi very sooted and greasy black wet on the manifold with dry carbon on top of the wet.

I agree with you it's not good but seems not normal between these three ed trucks.

Thanks for yor reply

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
the 2017 pr0bably had a tuner on it tune it and o soot and no trips 2 the dealer every 2 weeks

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
All three of these vehicles are completely stock and no aftermarket products of any kind.
One is mine and the other two belong to a friend.

All three trucks are driven responsibly by 55+ year old owners.

I wouldn't put a tune on one unless I planned to keep it for life. The two 2016 trucks can't live long breathing this much carbon and fca cant/won't fix the cause.