• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Water pump failures

Ajwilson

Jun 19, 2020
Truck Year
I have very good local shop that is getting ready to install the fourth water pump on my 2014 Ecodiesel Laramie Longhorn with 185,000 miles as they keep failing. The first two were a Gates replacement as OEM was not available. It was Covid related. We assumed they just weren’t made very well. The last one was an OEM Mopar for a little over $700. It lasted four days before I noticed it started leaking. Much shorter time than the Gates water pumps. Has anyone else ran into this Issue? He’s been very patient and never hesitated to look for the solution or hesitated about replacing it.

autoX

Nov 6, 2022
Truck Year
How is it failing? Couple of things : Water quality - flush system and use distilled.
Or bearing loading, something might be hooped there.

Ajwilson

Jun 19, 2020
Truck Year
How is it failing? Couple of things : Water quality - flush system and use distilled.
Or bearing loading, something might be hooped there.
I’m sitting in his shop now so I will ask. Trust me, we’ve talked about possibilities of why.

Ajwilson

Jun 19, 2020
Truck Year
I’m sitting in his shop now so I will ask. Trust me, we’ve talked about possibilities of why.
I just got it back and it was not the water pump. It was the plastic line off the water pump was cracked and dripping. They had to order a new one that’ll be in sometime Friday so it’s scheduled for Monday. Nice it wasn’t the water pump again..

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
I just got it back and it was not the water pump. It was the plastic line off the water pump was cracked and dripping. They had to order a new one that’ll be in sometime Friday so it’s scheduled for Monday. Nice it wasn’t the water pump again..
Was it ever the water pump?

Ajwilson

Jun 19, 2020
Truck Year
Was it ever the water pump?
Yes. I asked that same question. I seen it leaking from the weep hole in the pump the first time but this last time it was coming from above the water pump. Trust me, they had no desire to replace the pump so they always made sure that it absolutely was the water pump. Thanks for asking