• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Well I've joined the club! unfortunately

Thomas16EDRam

Jan 26, 2022
Truck Year
I bought my truck from Parker Toyota and I bought with it their diamond protection plan. In doing do it is covering all costs except 3 hours worth of labor. So I have to pay $420.00 of the $15K and change. Not bad at all but I would think that on a warranty I shouldn't have to pay anything at all. That being said again the 420.00 is nothing to complain about. I just want my truck back. And Toyota doesn't have a diesel tech so I had to take it to the dodge dealership. Dodge can't get an eta of the motor on when they will get it yet. They could only say about a month or two.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Thomas16, The loss of time is something that ALL VM3.0 have to prepared for, Also when you get that New Motor Buy a Six Pack of OAs sample kits and the fumoto Valve. Of course, this is contingent on You doing your own service, Please Keep in Mind, there are VM3.0 owners on 3rd and 4th Motor.

Thomas16EDRam

Jan 26, 2022
Truck Year
Thomas16, The loss of time is something that ALL VM3.0 have to prepared for, Also when you get that New Motor Buy a Six Pack of OAs sample kits and the fumoto Valve. Of course, this is contingent on You doing your own service, Please Keep in Mind, there are VM3.0 owners on 3rd and 4th Motor.
Are you saying I'm going to keep going through motors?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
No..... It's just that in a few very rare cases the 2n and even 3rd Motors have failed, OAs will tell if it's a hero or zero Rotating Mass...its inherited risk all VM3.0 owner incur. I do find it alarming that most VM3.0 ignore OAs as being necessary, In the Decades of using OAs as the touchtone for engine health and freshening up I've Never heard or seen an engine tore down that OAs were incorrect. In fact, it always avoids a major failure.

DATA

Jul 8, 2021
Truck Year
No..... It's just that in a few very rare cases the 2n and even 3rd Motors have failed, OAs will tell if it's a hero or zero Rotating Mass...its inherited risk all VM3.0 owner incur. I do find it alarming that most VM3.0 ignore OAs as being necessary, In the Decades of using OAs as the touchtone for engine health and freshening up I've Never heard or seen an engine tore down that OAs were incorrect. In fact, it always avoids a major failure.
What are some of the things that you need to look for in the oil report

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Why Not Thomas16 know what health and condition of your rotating mass. Most fleet owners do OAs from new and in many cases it adds to the value when selling or trading.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Data High levels of Wear metals, Iron , Alum, cooper. here's a good report form My 2015 . Do NOT condemn any power plant on one or two bad reports, it MUST be a Trend, of increasing wear levels.

Attachments

• Blackstone_12_9_20_2015_3.0_ecodiesel.pdf
    67.5 KB · Views: 5

Thomas16EDRam

Jan 26, 2022
Truck Year
TC Diesel my apologies I have no idea what hour talking about?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
TC Diesel my apologies I have no idea what hour talking about?
He is telling you that OA's (oil analysis) should give you an idea of the health of your engine. Many people do them each oil change (myself included) but they can be done at more frequent intervals. An oil analysis give you a breakdown of the metals, coolant, or other contaminates in your engine.
Bear in mind that an OA is not a one and done but is used to establish long term trends. Here is an example of one:

Attachments

• RAM 1500 Oct 2021 OA.pdf
    56.4 KB · Views: 6

DownSouth

Aug 8, 2021
Truck Year
Are you saying I'm going to keep going through motors?
I don't believe he was saying that as I know four coworkers still running the 2nd Gen Ecodiesel and they are still on their first motor. Some 2nd Gen's have cratered (I had two of them that failed) however not all 2nd Gen Ecodiesels have suffered the same fate. The alternative would be to look at getting a 3rd Gen Ecodiesel or the 5.7L Hemi if you have concerns about remaining with the 2nd Gen.

He is indicating it is a very good practice to do an OA with every oil change and monitor the data when you receive it as this predictive maintenance can indicate an issue before it becomes disastrous. You may wish to check out the link below.