• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What is this part?

Bobby P.

Oct 22, 2019
Truck Year
Sooooo.... I brought my 2014 Ram 1500 ecodiesel in because it was stalling and I had the engine light come on.
I was told that I also needed the VO8 recall computer update. I next found out that it needed a whole bunch of work on the fuel system and def system, but would be covered by the extended warranty. Two weeks later I was told nothing would be covered because a filter had some contaminants. I called customer service who just said that they stand behind their dealers and I had no recourse. $11,000 to repair. I took the truck home and after a few days the exhaust filter filled to 100% and now I am in limp mode.

I am told that none of the emissions parts (all covered by new emissions extended warranty) are covered, due to contaminants found on this filter.

Can anyone tell me what filter this is and where it is located?

Thanks,
Bobby

Attachments

• Filter.JPG
    Filter.JPG
    422.9 KB · Views: 17

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
That's the FCA..... Fuel control actuator. Its know where close to $11K to fix. and just because some contaminates are found on that screen does NOT equal fuel system failure. Your 100% need addressing... the whole fix will need to be handle by someone who know's all the work around's or you will be subject to &^%* that's everywhere on the NET and most Dealership service Dept...

Bobby P.

Oct 22, 2019
Truck Year
Yeah, I know I'm getting screwed. Ram customer care tells me that they back their dealer. I'm pretty mechanically inclined. Is that a Part that I can replace. Then, I'll try a different dealer.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yes... in about 5 minutes, it mounted by 2 bolts on the CP4 and is the only electronic part on the Pump.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yes...... They are like a switch, either its work or don't, and the weakest point is Idle, So if the vehicle idle's good in almost ALL cases the FCA is good.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
LIKE I say the dealer will screw u every chance they get I think u have 2 take the pump cover off

Bobby P.

Oct 22, 2019
Truck Year
yep, under the cover. There was some lint on it which clearly came from the primary filter. This is why they say my extended warranty is void... Heritage Dodge Ram in Maryland. Just in case somebody wants to know where not to go to buy a vehicle. To make matters worse, this is the second vehicle I bought from them. The just lost a customer for life. Before this happened, I was getting ready to trade the ecodiesel in for a 2500...
BTW, thanks TC and Carlhenry