• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What it is!!

Angry Ginger

Mar 15, 2020
Truck Year
Good day all, new member.
If I sound a little abrasive I’m sorry. I have had nothing good to say about these junk motors and the total avoidance of Dodges customer service or loyalty to its customers.
Bought the truck new for my wife in 2016. She drives 200km (120m) daily to work. Highway .
At 101, 200 km there was total engine failure. Yup 1200 km (745m) past the warranty. $19,000.+
This was the first screw over from Dodge.
Then the crank case sensor at 110,000 km $2100.
EGR failure at 140,000 km $1700.
Overall these motors (not trucks, love my Hemi) are one huge disappoint and are pieces of shit. Hence the creation of ANGRY GINGER
Question- Looking at the forum I think a lot of these issues will be on the on this new extended warrentee?
Is this extended warranty for the US only?
I have received a recall on the EGR and Dodge is sending out a letter when these parts will become available.
I am staring to smell antifreeze again and my antifreeze fluid is going down also. So it’s my EGR again. Only a year from last repair. Hopefully it will go on fire and end my pain.
Presently my code Exhaust Filler is at 100%. This will also be the 2nd time for this .
Sorry if I insulted anyone that truly enjoys this lemon of a Dodge product.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Sorry to hear of so many problems. Yes the warranty is only for USA owners. You could contact FCA and request a refund on the EGR that you paid for. Also ask about the motor because so many (most) owners were covered when just slightly out of warranty.

The 100% full problem can usually be prevented by following (driving) the EVIC notice at either the 80% or 90% warning. Once you let it reach 100% the truck will go into limp mode and require a forced regen by the dealer or DIY software such as AlfaOBD

Angry Ginger

Mar 15, 2020
Truck Year
Sorry to hear of so many problems. Yes the warranty is only for USA owners. You could contact FCA and request a refund on the EGR that you paid for. Also ask about the motor because so many (most) owners were covered when just slightly out of warranty.

The 100% full problem can usually be prevented by following (driving) the EVIC notice at either the 80% or 90% warning. Once you let it reach 100% the truck will go into limp mode and require a forced regen by the dealer or DIY software such as AlfaOBD
Thanks John, been through the arbitration process here in Canada.
Dodge stuck to Their guns on the fact that we where over the warranty. Since then I have kept track off people looking at buying an Eco Diesel. I work in the mining industry and I have to date , turned off 43 people in buying and eco diesel. , maybe more from the Facebook ads as well “ buyers beware.” Over 2 million in lost revenue to Dodge so far. Far cheaper to keep your customers happy. Especially over a known product issue. Do you think this is a Fiat change in management? Dodge was always good to their customers prior to this.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Angry Ginger, Its Fiat and their love for VM Motori in Cento Italy, North American Auto Group, the Branch Here in NA Has beg off ,but Fiat being the Parent company has the leverage necessary to Force Dealers to take the ED's.

I have stopped helping 2017+ owners and have 0 sympathy for them. The info available is readily everywhere on the risk of VM3.0.

Unfortunately their a % of extremely blinded people in NA to facts, they reason on emotions and with showy display, That's WHY Fiat and Motori are able to keep Lying to NA. Its Fiat VM, NOT North American Auto your anger should be directed at.