• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wheel education

StevenB

Mar 30, 2016
Truck Year
I am in the market for some new wheels for my 2015 Ecodiesel (and have never bought aftermarket wheels for a vehicle). I ran across a set and like them but I am not sure about the dimensions...

My stock wheel numbers are this - 17x8, 5x5.5 pattern (I get what those numbers are).

What I do not fully understand are the stock 25mm offset and the 77.8mm hub bore numbers.

What I am looking at are offered at 18x9, 5x5.5 (which would work) but my options are a 18mm offset with a 110mm hub bore and a -12mm offset with the 78mm hub bore.

Any tips on what would / wouldn't work? Keep looking or will either of these options work on my truck?

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
The hub bore is the size of the opening in the center of the wheel if it's too small the wheel won't fit over your hub. Now backspacing is the distance of the centerline of the wheel.Plus numbers tuck it in and negative numbers move the wheel out more.

On my truck I run 17x9 ultra gauntlet with a plus 19 offset and have no clearance issues with an Lt285/70R17 Bfg K02's.

StevenB

Mar 30, 2016
Truck Year
On my truck I run 17x9 ultra gauntlet with a plus 19 offset and have no clearance issues with an Lt285/70R17 Bfg K02's.
These are the tires im eyeing (but 275/70R/18), i guess my question is this...is too big of a hub bore bad? My choice is the 18mm offset but that wheel choice has a 110mm hub bore, 32mm larger than stock.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Some wheels are hub centric but most are lug centric. Meaning what they use to center the wheels. With that size tire you could use the stock wheel so anything close to it should fit well.