• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wheel hub replacement

Beaulieu06

Feb 10, 2021
Truck Year
Hey all,

Looking for some information/ help. I have a 2016 Limited with the air ride suspension. had the dealership replace the left CV axel back in February due to the boot being torn and all grease fell out. Got it back and started hearing a sound from under the truck, sounded like I ran Santa Clause over, rattling and sounds like jingle bells playing. but I only noticed the noise when I was driving around 20-35 MPH with the window down. looked under the truck and saw the clip on the CV boot failed and was pulled back off allowing all grease to fly out again and become contaminated. Well got that fix with a new CV axel, and told them the noises I was hearing. they looked said it was fixed. Drove it for a day and the noise came back. Factory power train warranty just lapsed. was just curious if it was a wheel bearing? wheel hub? maybe anything in the front diff?? any help yall got and or ideas would be much appreciated.

Beaulieu06

Feb 10, 2021
Truck Year
So watched the video, thanks by the way! no movement top to bottom, nothing side to side either. all feels good. found yet another CV boot torn, 3 one since FEB. had dealership replace that again but still having a rattling noise coming from front wheel well. only happens around 25 mph and faster. anyone else have this issue?