• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Who else has these issues

Llewellyn

Dec 16, 2019
Truck Year
I almost got T boned. After the emissions “fix” I am having SERIOUS ISSUES with the acceleration from a stop. Where I pull onto a busy road has a slight uphill slope. When starting from a stop at this intersection I have frightening Acceleration the delay To the point where I almost got T-boned by a dump truck. Practically had a bowel movement it was so close. Who’s got a fix for this dangerous situation? It’s to the point where it’s just straight up dangerous to drive this vehicle. It’s a shame, I really enjoyed this truck but I enjoy life much better. Curious to know if there’s any type of increase in accidents with this vehicle after the emissions recall.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Consider a tune to restore performance or change your driving style to avoid getting t-boned. Not really any other options if you keep the truck.

Bookmaker

Nov 23, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2016 Eco with the AEM. It runs great. No hesitation. Good power. Really good mpg. Why are some having issues and some not?

bmoore

Dec 17, 2019
Truck Year
I almost got T boned. After the emissions “fix” I am having SERIOUS ISSUES with the acceleration from a stop. Where I pull onto a busy road has a slight uphill slope. When starting from a stop at this intersection I have frightening Acceleration the delay To the point where I almost got T-boned by a dump truck. Practically had a bowel movement it was so close. Who’s got a fix for this dangerous situation? It’s to the point where it’s just straight up dangerous to drive this vehicle. It’s a shame, I really enjoyed this truck but I enjoy life much better. Curious to know if there’s any type of increase in accidents with this vehicle after the emissions recall.
Had same problem installed a pedal commander fixed problem

Vanhaar1

Dec 18, 2019
Truck Year
I have had the same issue ...it has to do with fuel rail and sensor also is a symptom of the “fix”. The fix also essentially blew my motor. Only have 20% horsepower and white smoke. Going on 3 months broken down and no parts.

DunLucky

Jul 18, 2018
Truck Year
Right there with ya! My '17 has the same issue, but never know when it will happen though. Never chance it now, changed driving habits to never risk it! Terrible to say but don't like the odds! As you said, enjoy my life too much. Can't really find a common denominator to when it does happen.

Cazual

Feb 3, 2020
Truck Year
If you let the engine warm up for about three minutes before driving, the performance is much better from a stand still -- even up hill.

DunLucky

Jul 18, 2018
Truck Year
If you let the engine warm up for about three minutes before driving, the performance is much better from a stand still -- even up hill.

Doesn't matter if I let it warm up for 3 minutes or 30, I've had it happen after driving on the interstate for 30 minutes as well as just around town. Have learned not to trust it. Just saying.

out and about

Feb 19, 2020
so I hear everyone with the complaint after the v08 recall was performed of lack of power at take off and yes there is a difference in power on take off the engine was de-tuned to meet epa requiremnets there is at this time as most likely never going to be an update to fix issue as there technically is no issue the only resolve is to put a tuner on it but my suggestion would be to get rid of it while you still can I work on these everyday and they are money pits waiting to happen once the warranty period is up good luck to all

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
so I hear everyone with the complaint after the v08 recall was performed of lack of power at take off and yes there is a difference in power on take off the engine was de-tuned to meet epa requiremnets there is at this time as most likely never going to be an update to fix issue as there technically is no issue the only resolve is to put a tuner on it but my suggestion would be to get rid of it while you still can I work on these everyday and they are money pits waiting to happen once the warranty period is up good luck to all
There is a recall out for an updated AEM, I have the recall here. I will not participate as I have tuned and love the truck the way it drives now. The AEM was supposed to be the same tune as the 17 and up vehicles, the big question was why did it negatively effect so many vehicles and not others. I have learned to report all issues to NHTSA and the law firm managing the AEM program.

JharpJ

Aug 15, 2015
Truck Year
Only when the engine is cold - after about six minutes there is no problem.