• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Who runs Bio Fuel?

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
I run b20 every night as long as the Texaco station carries it. You can see the difference in my fuel filters, they're clean I don't see any power loss or gain, I dont see any mileage loss or gain, I don't notice anything else except cleaner smelling exhaust with no weird stinky feet smells.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Thought I'd bring this thread back. What's the price difference? I haven't found any here in Wisconsin but haven't really been looking that hard.

Is b20 closer to Euro spec diesel?

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Bio diesel is not regulated as closely as ulsd or lsd fuel, you really have to be careful about where you get it from and you really have to bring a mason jar and test the station regularly yourself. Don't trust the name. Most if not all biodiesel fuel stations get the mixture from a local source and is made by very small companies. Compare a normal ulsd fuel to your b20 station and youll see a massive difference, just make dang sure both are crystal clear! if you see any floaties or any any any milky color or anything at all in the fuel never use that station ever again.
B20 or any biodiesel is more expensive than normal diesel due to the lack of incentives and the extra refining cost. you really have to take it upon yourself to be vigilant and sample your own fuel stations, you cannot judge by how busy it is. I proved that myself and was blown away.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Bio diesel is not regulated as closely as ulsd or lsd fuel, you really have to be careful about where you get it from and you really have to bring a mason jar and test the station regularly yourself. Don't trust the name. Most if not all biodiesel fuel stations get the mixture from a local source and is made by very small companies. Compare a normal ulsd fuel to your b20 station and youll see a massive difference, just make dang sure both are crystal clear! if you see any floaties or any any any milky color or anything at all in the fuel never use that station ever again.
B20 or any biodiesel is more expensive than normal diesel due to the lack of incentives and the extra refining cost. you really have to take it upon yourself to be vigilant and sample your own fuel stations, you cannot judge by how busy it is. I proved that myself and was blown away.

Wow. You really know your diesel! So if I find a biodiesel b20. I should check for clearness. Ok. I can handle that. But let me ask you about heating oil.

I'm an hvac tech and come across hundreds of gallons of heating oil that usually just gets burned up before the owner switches to LP or natural gas from the gas grid.

I would have acces to a LOT of this stuff over the course of a winter. I would also be able to filter it quite easy. But I'm not sure if this is the same as winter grade highway diesel. Do you know if this would be safe to use? Filtered of course.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
I had a really in depth article about it, the only thing that couldn't be answered of course is what it would do the the dpf and scr.
as long as the cetane is correct and it has the lubrication, you might be ok. the thing I don't know is there are a lot of sensors like o2 and temp sensors in the exhaust much like a galoline car, and if the fuel trims are off you will get disabled and have lots of codes. I did a video explaining all about our sensors in a scanguage video.

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
It sounds like I'm going to play it safe and just run regular #2 diesel !

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
It sounds like I'm going to play it safe and just run regular #2 diesel !

You know the saying if it's to good to be true....it is.

I had visions of a 250 gallon tank next to my garage with a home made pumping system!!

I know back in the day guys would run this stuff in there trucks. But that was a long time ago. Not all the sensors and certainly no emissions systems to mess up. :(

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I had a really in depth article about it, the only thing that couldn't be answered of course is what it would do the the dpf and scr.
as long as the cetane is correct and it has the lubrication, you might be ok. the thing I don't know is there are a lot of sensors like o2 and temp sensors in the exhaust much like a galoline car, and if the fuel trims are off you will get disabled and have lots of codes. I did a video explaining all about our sensors in a scanguage video.

I was always under the impression that

#2 diesel = highway use

Heating oil = #2 with red die added and no lubricants.

Both are cut with kerosene for winter blends to help prevent gelling.

Some people would just add the lubricants to heating oil. Some would just run it the way it was.

The red dye is used because home heating oil is not taxed like "regular #2". If your caught running home oil you have to pay pretty big fines.

This would be very tempting but does carry some costly risks!!!

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Another question is. Can we run JP4 jet fuel?

Isn't this a very high grade of #2? I'm not sure where one would ever get this. It's more of a question from curiosity more so then to know if I can use it.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
My dad fuels planes at slc airport and he said they are nuts about the fuel filtration, they filter it at every transfer point and sample the trucks and sources all day.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
My dad fuels planes at slc airport and he said they are nuts about the fuel filtration, they filter it at every transfer point and sample the trucks and sources all day.

That's good to hear. 40,000 feet in the air is the last place you would want a plugged fuel filter. Lol.