• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FCA working on a new Inline 6 Diesel

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Truck Trend is reporting that FCA is working on a new I6 Diesel that could potentially replace the 3.0L EcoDiesel.

http://www.trucktrend.com/news/1702-rumor-fca-working-on-new-i-6-diesels/

What do you think? To me, this is nothing more than a "it could happen" story.. and until I see more proof out there I feel like the 3.0L isn't going anywhere for awhile since Ford is rivaling the EcoDiesel in 2018.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Truck Trend is reporting that FCA is working on a new I6 Diesel that could potentially replace the 3.0L EcoDiesel.

http://www.trucktrend.com/news/1702-rumor-fca-working-on-new-i-6-diesels/

What do you think? To me, this is nothing more than a "it could happen" story.. and until I see more proof out there I feel like the 3.0L isn't going anywhere for awhile since Ford is rivaling the EcoDiesel in 2018.
Agreed! Timeline, it took three to five years to transfer technology from a GM project to an FCA project. I read about possible RAM 1/2 ton diesel as far back as 2009. The same emissions issues would appear on both platforms. After reading all the EPA documents, much berated on other topic lines, the only thing FCA is guilty of is not bowing to the EPA and pleading Mercy, all allegations leveled by the EPA are administrative in nature, but since FCA didn't immediately admit to wrong doing they will be dragged as far as necessary until the EPA is satisfied. So any new diesel offerings would also immediately be viewed by the EPA as tainted products.
Someone correct my memory but didn't the Jeep come out with a one year I-4 European diesel that sold as fast as they could be built a few years ahead of the eco diesel, but was not renewed because of "clean emission" issues?