• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles on your ecodiesel and have you had any problems?

Otis

Mar 27, 2017
Truck Year
I have a 2015 with 50k. Just towed to the dealer this morning with no heater and over heating.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Just turned 46k over the weekend. Did an 1800 mile round trip from roseau, mn through Duluth to Springfield, IL towing an empty car trailer. Got burned on the car and drove empty both ways. 15-18MPG going 65-75

Richard marshall

Apr 9, 2017
Truck Year
I have a 2014 ecodiesel with 29680 mile in the shop for 7 time this time it the engine knocking real bad and no oil press at idle. I did some research and found that the ecodiesel engine has rocker arm an timing grear problem.
If anyone out that have these problems let Chrysler know so something can be done.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have a 2014 ecodiesel with 29680 mile in the shop for 7 time this time it the engine knocking real bad and no oil press at idle. I did some research and found that the ecodiesel engine has rocker arm an timing grear problem.
If anyone out that have these problems let Chrysler know so something can be done.

Sounds like you lost a motor? Keep us updated on what they say.. The more info we have the better off we are as a community.

Richard marshall

Apr 9, 2017
Truck Year
I have 29680 miles on my ecodiesel and it knocking bad I found out that below 35000 miles that most owners had problem with crank bears
And around 70000 miles to 148000 mile with cam gears
I know at lease 11 ecodiesel the engine have blow up under 22000 miles

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Ok so that's 11 of how many sold in the last 3 years? Same applies to higher mileage cam/hpfp gear failures...

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
I just turned my 2015 to 26,000 miles and my only issue was a rattle when it had 3500 miles. My dealer has a very good tech and he found the rattle I looked for for 3 months.

welded

May 3, 2017
Truck Year
Hi All
New to this forum. I have 2015 with 29,000 miles. It just got a new engine after being in and out of the dealer's service department since November of 2016. They have had it in their shop four times for the same repair and over 30 days. All because of a coolant loss that they never could figure out.my-truck.jpg

Scottd

Apr 23, 2017
Truck Year
Hi All
New to this forum. I have 2015 with 29,000 miles. It just got a new engine after being in and out of the dealer's service department since November of 2016. They have had it in their shop four times for the same repair and over 30 days. All because of a coolant loss that they never could figure out.View attachment 1287

Hey welded,

You have my trucks twin...hopefully this new motor is better for you.

8d6814cce8c7b1a6cd8dd171c34c5b0e.jpg

welded

May 3, 2017
Truck Year
I have 15000 miles but no problems. I'm happy with my ecodiesel so far!!

I am a farrier and I had high hopes when I bought this truck for my work vehicle. I have 50,151 miles on my 2014 tradesman model ecodiesel. It's has been a terrible truck and Chrysler customer service has been even worse. At around 20,000 miles I think. I began seeing oil in the coolant and took the truck to the dealer. Since that time the truck has been at the dealer 8 or 9 times for the same issue and yet to be resolved. In the first year I owned the truck it spent approximently 2 months down sitting at the dealer being fixed, and at least another 2 weeks time since the Nov 2015 anniversary. The dealer has put a new transmission cooler, new oil cooler, all new cooling hoses, been flushed around half a dozen or more times, and there is still oil sludge rapidly building up in the cooling resorvior. It's at the point now where it is almost a weekly appointment for me to take it in and have it flushed and checked for where the oil is coming from. The answer from the dealer and the engineers at Chrysler has been, it is residual oil left in the system from the oil cooler failure. After 6 flushes+ In addition the amount of oil is building up faster and faster between times I take it in??? I don't think so. If that weren't bad enough I'm now sitting on the side of the road with my abs light and traction control light on, smoke pouring out of the rear passenger wheel well, and gear oil all over the rotor breaks inside the wheel and all under the truck and there was a loud grinding sound and shaking. I'm guessing a rear axle seal and bearing failure. This doesn't even touch on the business this truck has cost me; the time of mine it's wasted; and the fact that Chrysler service has been the worst I have ever dealt with. I would never recommend this truck or any Chrysler product after this experience. It's a total lemon. Very dissatisfied. Attached is photo taken just now 3/20/2016 4:18pm. It was at the dealer on 3/07/2016 checked for leakage and flushed and return to service with "no leak good to drive". Good luck to everyone with low mileage. Hope this isn't a glimps into your future[/QUOTE]

welded

May 3, 2017
Truck Year
Dude thats crazy B.S. to have to go through. Mine was loosing antifreeze and after 5 months and then replacing everything to no avail they put in a new engine. If the dealer hasn't opened a star case with chrysler call chrysler and force them to control the actions of the dealer. On mine they told me it was cheaper to swap engines rather than take the heads off. Go Figure??? You're still under factory warranty arnt You? Give em hell pal and I wish you all the luck in fixing your truck. They owe it to You to get it right.

welded

May 3, 2017
Truck Year
Just passed 40k, all is great.
Just cleaned the EGR tube for the first time. Lots of soot, easy to clean it up.
Looking at the GDE this spring,
Took the family across the US with no issues.
Love this truck. Tires still look good, about 1/2 tread left in them .
Oil change coming up soon.
So far no issues.
Daily roller for me.
Hey NC-Ram
Is there a YouTube video or something on how to clean the EGR tube? I kinda hate that this engine can get fouled by recirculating all this carbon back into the engine. It sounds like you haven't had any issues because you are keeping up with the preventive maintenance to avoid problems. That's the way to keep this truck out of the dealers and on the road.

dakarm34

Aug 28, 2015
Truck Year
21000 on 15 Laramie with nothing. Mixed city highway driving. Rarely towing a small enclosed 6x10 trailer single axle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Hey NC-Ram
Is there a YouTube video or something on how to clean the EGR tube? I kinda hate that this engine can get fouled by recirculating all this carbon back into the engine. It sounds like you haven't had any issues because you are keeping up with the preventive maintenance to avoid problems. That's the way to keep this truck out of the dealers and on the road.

You have to foam the plenum, the diffuser tube can be cleaned with Carb Cleaner or use Ams or Mighty Foam, My EGR Chamber clean its the Plenum thats filthy ugly and than place the Truck in Aggressive Regen Mode, 2800RPMs for 10-15 Minutes (Requires WITech) The dirty MAP is ED at 12K miles, The Cleaner one 6.7 Cummins at 24K Miles. You can get By driving HWY speeds for 20 Minutes, this will Clean the DPF and place the system into Active Regen when all criteria is met. Foaming the Plenum is not that difficult on the 3.0...Removing all the sound foam is the PITR...

Attachments

• ED map sen.jpg
    ED map sen.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 6.7 map.jpg
    6.7 map.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Mighty Foam.png
    Mighty Foam.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Removed Sound insul 3.0 ecodiesel.jpg
    Removed Sound insul 3.0 ecodiesel.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Ecodiesel 3 0.jpg
    Ecodiesel 3 0.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 25

welded

May 3, 2017
Truck Year
You have to foam the plenum, the diffuser tube can be cleaned with Carb Cleaner or use Ams or Mighty Foam, My EGR Chamber clean its the Plenum thats filthy ugly and than place the Truck in Aggressive Regen Mode, 2800RPMs for 10-15 Minutes (Requires WITech) The dirty MAP is ED at 12K miles, The Cleaner one 6.7 Cummins at 24K Miles. You can get By driving HWY speeds for 20 Minutes, this will Clean the DPF and place the system into Active Regen when all criteria is met. Foaming the Plenum is not that difficult on the 3.0...Removing all the sound foam is the PITR...
thankyou for this info pal