• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

News Resume Production!

Jackylegs

Jul 7, 2017
Just joined the forum, and for good reason! Automotive News published a report yesterday that production has resumed at the Warren plant. I'll include the quote and link for citation purposes!

"DETROIT -- Fiat Chrysler has begun assembling diesel-powered Ram 1500 pickups again for the first time in months, workers at the company's Warren Truck Assembly plant in Michigan say..."

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170706/OEM11/170709878/fca-resumes-ram-1500-diesel-output

Although this isn't 100% proof, nor is it a timeline for the trucks going back on sale I'm still excited! I'm in the market, and have been waiting for the Eco. Hopefully only a few more months! This forum has tons of material, and I have enjoyed combing the archives so far. Even though the engine failure idea is terrifying, every vehicle has its issues and hopefully the quirks will continue to be quality improved.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome!

And thanks for bringing us potentially great news.. hopefully that means the legal battle is moving forward and perhaps coming to a close maybe??!?

It states they are still awaiting approval to sell them, but, I doubt if Ram thought it wasn't going to happen they wouldn't build them..

Jackylegs

Jul 7, 2017
Welcome!

And thanks for bringing us potentially great news.. hopefully that means the legal battle is moving forward and perhaps coming to a close maybe??!?

It states they are still awaiting approval to sell them, but, I doubt if Ram thought it wasn't going to happen they wouldn't build them..

Hi BoostN!

Thanks! I look forward to learning as much as I can from the forums.

That's what I was thinking too! From the business point they wouldn't make em if they can't sell em.. hopefully..?! It will be interesting to see the outcome of all this too, but for now just make the trucks! Especially for those who have had their orders in for months.

Pat gathard

Dec 31, 2016
Truck Year
Motor trend has posted they are now approved by the epa. Just google it. I think this is great news. Not sure when they are hitting dealers. They also maybe considered 2018 by the time they are on the lot.

Jackylegs

Jul 7, 2017
Motor trend has posted they are now approved by the epa. Just google it. I think this is great news. Not sure when they are hitting dealers. They also maybe considered 2018 by the time they are on the lot.

I agree, great news! Wonder what updates the 18 will bring? I saw the tungsten larime... not impressed. Either way, fingers crossed the 17's will have a nice discount to get sales numbers back up! Haha.. I'll keep dreaming.