• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EZLynk

lucskoj

Jun 27, 2015
Heard through the grapevine that EZLynk is real close to flash support for the eco. Anyone have some input on this?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Heard through the grapevine that EZLynk is real close to flash support for the eco. Anyone have some input on this?
Seems like a nice platform to use. I love how tuners can just push an updated tune to your device without having to mess with a laptop and email. The future is now.

lucskoj

Jun 27, 2015
Yeah I agree. I know we can use it to data log our trucks but not flash. Being able to flash could open up some more aftermarket options for us. Excited to see what happens in the next year if the eco is still being produced.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
The concern arises with FCA pushing out updates or changes unbeknownst to the truck owner.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
The concern arises with FCA pushing out updates or changes unbeknownst to the truck owner.

You're talking about an ECM Calibration?

That's something that has to be done supervised and uninterrupted. It's a critical flashing process, and I highly doubt they would let the consumer manage this process with a simple over air update. So much could go wrong!

Also, these trucks aren't equipped with the tools built in to manage a process like that as far as I know.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
Yes, I was talking about the ECM. I don't know if the technology is in place in our vehicles or not. It would make a lot of sense from FCA's stand point. If FCA was concerned at all about aftermarket tunes; the ability to manage the ECM's remotely would sure protect FCA's interest.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yes, I was talking about the ECM. I don't know if the technology is in place in our vehicles or not. It would make a lot of sense from FCA's stand point. If FCA was concerned at all about aftermarket tunes; the ability to manage the ECM's remotely would sure protect FCA's interest.

Let's hope manufactures never try to go that far. That would put a big dent in the aftermarket industry...

Here's a nice article about that.. I hate the source, but it makes for a good read on a Sunday: http://jalopnik.com/carmakers-want-to-make-working-on-your-car-illegal-beca-1699132210