• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Extended Warranties

SnowDrift

Jan 2, 2014
Did anyone purchase one or get offered one?

Reading problems makes me wonder if I should go out and get one now. Ive never used one, but I think it's better than paying high dollar for something.

Mobile4

Jan 21, 2014
I'm not a fan, usually they are 3rd party companies and you have to get approvals and call 10 different call centers.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Did anyone purchase one or get offered one?

Reading problems makes me wonder if I should go out and get one now. Ive never used one, but I think it's better than paying high dollar for something.

I have no doubt this truck has some very expensive systems. But I have faith this is well engineered truck. There is a member here with over 110k miles on his and counting! Plus the very expensive parts are covered up to 100k or 5 years. I think that's enough time to know if you got a problem vehicle or not.

I'm certainly not trying to talk you out of it. I've thought about it myself. But I'm one who generally stays away from extra warranties in general.

Is there a certain problem or problems you are reading a lot about?
I'm not a fan, usually they are 3rd party companies and you have to get approvals and call 10 different call centers.

Not a fan either. But isn't mopar the only factory extended warranty available?

Bruce

May 28, 2015
Truck Year
Yes, Chrysler is the seller/owner of the extended warranty. It's just like the existing 3/36 warranty but...extended. All Chrysler dealers support the program and all you do is bring your vehicle to your local dealer for repair. They also have a money back guarantee. If you don't use the extended warranty through expiration you get 100% of your money back. However, you have to ask for this or hold out until the dealer offers it as a perk. Their logic is a lot of people that buy extended warranties complain they don't use them. This money back guarantee gives peace-of-mind to those buyers.

I increased mine to 5/75. This is my first diesel and there are a ton of electrical parts that are not covered on the 100k power train warranty.

Fingers crossed I don't use it and get my money back.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yes, Chrysler is the seller/owner of the extended warranty. It's just like the existing 3/36 warranty but...extended. All Chrysler dealers support the program and all you do is bring your vehicle to your local dealer for repair. They also have a money back guarantee. If you don't use the extended warranty through expiration you get 100% of your money back. However, you have to ask for this or hold out until the dealer offers it as a perk. Their logic is a lot of people that buy extended warranties complain they don't use them. This money back guarantee gives peace-of-mind to those buyers.

I increased mine to 5/75. This is my first diesel and there are a ton of electrical parts that are not covered on the 100k power train warranty.

I didn't know about the money back deal..

When I purchased my Jetta TDI, I bought an extended warranty, and of course never used it. That has turned me off since from buying them..

Mobile4

Jan 21, 2014
I have no doubt this truck has some very expensive systems. But I have faith this is well engineered truck. There is a member here with over 110k miles on his and counting! Plus the very expensive parts are covered up to 100k or 5 years. I think that's enough time to know if you got a problem vehicle or not.

I'm certainly not trying to talk you out of it. I've thought about it myself. But I'm one who generally stays away from extra warranties in general.

Is there a certain problem or problems you are reading a lot about?

Not a fan either. But isn't mopar the only factory extended warranty available?

not sure if they are the only ones, but I know most manufactures use 3rd parties to offer extended warranties.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year

Wow that sounds to good to be true. The money back thing I mean. That being the case I don't see any down side.

SnowDrift

Jan 2, 2014
No problems, but as I read I sometimes wonder if the extended warranty is worth it. I would hate to have to replace a $3000 DPF system... :(