• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

AFE Intake on the EcoDiesel

J.Coffey

Jun 8, 2015
Truck Year
The bugshield is made be Wade I got it from Amazon.com.

I attached a few pictures of the bug shield and cold air intake

20150608_200345.jpg 20150608_200358.jpg 20150608_200313.jpg

Attachments

• 20150608_200323.jpg
    20150608_200323.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 12

J.Coffey

Jun 8, 2015
Truck Year
Sorry I just noticed this guys.

Very minimal performance gains as far as I noticed (I only had the truck for about 150 miles before install, so I really am more used to the performance with the CAI than without. Performance may be greater than I notice) and maybe 1mpg gain at most.

The turbo sound is great! I'll see if I can do a video of the sound sometime this week. It sounds really good when pulling a trailer! Makes me feel like it really is a diesel! You only hear the sound in drive or neutral when you hit the Rev limit of 3k and let off. It sounds best from around 1800rpm-2600rpm when driving. It's not like the big spool sound of the turbo in the Cummins.

Last edited:

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

Very minimal performance gains as far as I noticed (I only had the truck for about 150 miles before install, so I really am more used to the performance with the CAI than without. Performance may be greater than I notice) and maybe 1mpg gain at most.

The turbo sound is great! I'll see if I can do a video of the sound sometime this week. It sounds really good when pulling a trailer! Makes me feel like it really is a diesel! You only hear the sound in drive or neutral when you hit the Rev limit of 3k and let off. It sounds best from around 1800rpm-2600rpm when driving. It's not like the big spool sound of the turbo in the Cummins.

Good info, a video would be awesome!

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year

Thanks, would you buy it again if you had it to do over again?

J.Coffey

Jun 8, 2015
Truck Year
Yes I would. The better air flow and sound are worth it to me. The lifetime filter warranty and ease of cleaning it are great too. Im sure there are performance gains as well but nothing extreme. I'm planning on doing a turbo back exhaust once the tuning is available to delete the DEF system and with this better flow coming in it should really make the exhaust sound nice.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Can anyone post that video outside of Facebook?

J.Coffey

Jun 8, 2015
Truck Year
Yeah thats what I did. You just copy the link and paste it. I can't do it on my phone it has to be on my laptop.