• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ecodiesel fuel filter costs

ecoram15

Jun 22, 2015
Truck Year
where else do you buy your fuel filters beside the dealer? Parts store? Both seems like a rip off!

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
Dealer charged me almost $150 for a fuel filter change. Which is crazy amount. I searched amazon and found some for $40, which is a lot cheaper than the dealer. Anyone have a DIY guide on changing the filter??

Bruce

May 28, 2015
Truck Year
Looking forward to some insight on this one. When the time comes I'll be doing this myself.

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
I just went to the dealer today and had my fuel filter changed for $86 , the stange thing is they told me i have only one fuel filter on my 2016 big horn 4x4 , is this true.? i have been looking around and i see two fuel filters being changed
IMG_1232.JPG

Last edited:

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I just went to the dealer today and had my fuel filter changed for $86 , the stange thing is they told me i have only one fuel filter on my 2016 big horn 4x4 , is this true.? i have been looking around and i see two fuel filters being changed
Yep, just the one fuel filter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Perrysburg Dodgeboy

Nov 30, 2016
Truck Year
Yep if the dealer is charging you $150 to change the fuel/water separator they are ripping you off. I would have a talk with the owner or GM and let them know what you think and if they would like you for a return customer they might want to rethink what they are charging you. JMO

Zigi

Mar 21, 2016
Truck Year
The $150.00 is the dealer filter change rate here. The filter is worth over $50.00;of that cost. I bought the socket wrench and brass drain plug from”Geno’s Garage” in order to make future changes by myself easier. That socket made the job real simple

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
The $150.00 is the dealer filter change rate here. The filter is worth over $50.00;of that cost. I bought the socket wrench and brass drain plug from”Geno’s Garage” in order to make future changes by myself easier. That socket made the job real simple

Yep, I refuse to pay the dealer pricing for oil changes, and especially fuel filters.

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
So far may last 4 oil changes were free at the dealer, i have 1 free one left between now and May,1st, i did not think 86 dollars for the filter change was a bad price.

EOC

Aug 9, 2016
Truck Year
where else do you buy your fuel filters beside the dealer? Parts store? Both seems like a rip off!

I found this video, thought it may help or maybe update some things. In the video description he has parts and places he purchased them from. He uses the items from Genoa garage as well.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
MANN filters, supplier, but should be available online sourcing, WIX fuel and oil from Bumper to Bumper Auto stores. Cost $24 to $20.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Amazon, eBay, and diesel Filters online all seem to have them about 23$ now which is great. And as @Brokedownbutgood stated, there's no need for special wrenches. I use a gallon bucket or bottom of washer fluid container set on the drive shaft, and a standard oil filter strap wrench to break it loose.