• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

So we are looking at one of the end of year 2017 Bighorns 4x4

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
I have a 2015 Laramie Ecod 4x4 fully loaded and they are trying to get me to trade it, only since my Sons Nissan truck was rear-ended last week and totaled, so we are helping him into a 2017 Bighorn Eco 4x4, they want to offer the moon to get my 2015, but it is fully loaded, lift, ARE Z shell, bed kit, AMP steps KO2s, LS rear, 3.55.Cold air intake kit.
They are willing to transfer all my extras onto the new 2017 (they want to move the 17s of course) I would get another Laramie just like mine, sans the CD player. My Ecod has run flawlessly since 2015, it is pretty quick, and even with the KO2 35's I am getting 21-22 mpg. The big question is did FCA drop the performance curve on these 2017's to comply with EPA -CARB etc?
I drove it, and it seemed a little slower on the freeway "hit the pedal and pass maneuver"....my imagination?
We got my son the Bighorn, but I am seriously considering NOT trading my 2015?
Anyone have any experience between the last of the 2015 mfg models, like my 2015 Laramie, and the new released 2017's?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have a 2015 Laramie Ecod 4x4 fully loaded and they are trying to get me to trade it, only since my Sons Nissan truck was rear-ended last week and totaled, so we are helping him into a 2017 Bighorn Eco 4x4, they want to offer the moon to get my 2015, but it is fully loaded, lift, ARE Z shell, bed kit, AMP steps KO2s, LS rear, 3.55.Cold air intake kit.
They are willing to transfer all my extras onto the new 2017 (they want to move the 17s of course) I would get another Laramie just like mine, sans the CD player. My Ecod has run flawlessly since 2015, it is pretty quick, and even with the KO2 35's I am getting 21-22 mpg. The big question is did FCA drop the performance curve on these 2017's to comply with EPA -CARB etc?
I drove it, and it seemed a little slower on the freeway "hit the pedal and pass maneuver"....my imagination?
We got my son the Bighorn, but I am seriously considering NOT trading my 2015?
Anyone have any experience between the last of the 2015 mfg models, like my 2015 Laramie, and the new released 2017's?

If it's a great deal, and doesn't hurt you wallet I would do it just for the warranty. But that's just me!

But, I do see your point about not having any issues. It seems hit and miss..

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
Yea, 33000 miles not one code tossed...they got this one right, but they are offering no charge for a 4 in lift..( this because the level kit on my Laramie still makes noise after replacing it and 4 trips in)..plus moving my bed kit..ARE Z cap..AMP steps..AFE intake, and rear airbag system to the new truck no charge. (same color truck)
Plus a low price on a 100,000 mile 84 mo bumper to bumper....very hungry for a deal it seems.
I would have to go to 3.92s over the 3.55 tho...not a big deal there...

Arkie 16

Apr 3, 2018
Truck Year
Got a good one set up the way you want it, keep it.. Buy an extended warranty and save your money.