• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGR Delete or Trade in truck? Need help deciding what to do.

xXTypeOXx

Aug 14, 2018
Truck Year
First off, I'm new to the forum, So with that Hello everyone in Ecodiesel Land.

So I'm having some trouble making a decision on whether to keep my truck or turn it in. Ive owned my 2015 Ecodiesel 1500 Limited since new and its a lease which is up in November. So here the issues im having. Id love to trade this one in for a 2019 Dodge but first off they aren't releasing the diesel until later 2019 which means id have to either wait or go for a gas motor. Secondly I really don't want to spend another $750 a month on another truck for 3 years, and in order for me to get the same features I have now with my Limited I would have to go with a 2019 Limited which would run me the same monthly fees. Im not going to go for less options, thats for damn sure.

So with that I really love my 2015 Ecodeisel but lately the check engine light has been coming on and its been to the dealer 3 times already and still they cannot fix the problem. After doing my own research online I see all the problems with the EGR valve and all the soot build up in the intake manifold. Now we all know where this will eventually lead too, a blown motor. So the only thing I could do if I want to keep the truck would be to do a EGR delete and banks intake manifold. Doesn't seem like its a pretty big deal, especially if it will save the motor from blowing up if im going to end up buying it out.

As far as I can tell, My truck being a 2015 in Ct. it doesn't have to go through emissions and is exempt because of the year. Now that doesn't mean that can change down the road as the truck gets older. I really do love the truck and the milage I get since I drive a lot of highways miles per day. its got just over 50K on it now and I think id be safe to say if I did the EGR delete now hopefully there isn't much damage done already within the first 50K miles on it.

So my question is, if you were in my shoes what would you do? Stay with the truck and buy it out or trade it in and go with a less features truck and a lesser payment? BTW my truck at this point needs new tires put on it and probably brakes and a few other minor repairs. Nothing crazy though and its still in great shape besides being dirty and the rear seats being trashed by my two large dogs. :)

Anyways, any help would be great. Has anyone else done the EGR Delete and feel safe that with doing it the motor will last. I really hate to loose the powertrain warrenty but what good is it if we know by having the EGR on it, its destroying the motor daily anyways?

chrisr938

Jan 2, 2018
Truck Year
First off, I'm new to the forum, So with that Hello everyone in Ecodiesel Land.

So I'm having some trouble making a decision on whether to keep my truck or turn it in. Ive owned my 2015 Ecodiesel 1500 Limited since new and its a lease which is up in November. So here the issues im having. Id love to trade this one in for a 2019 Dodge but first off they aren't releasing the diesel until later 2019 which means id have to either wait or go for a gas motor. Secondly I really don't want to spend another $750 a month on another truck for 3 years, and in order for me to get the same features I have now with my Limited I would have to go with a 2019 Limited which would run me the same monthly fees. Im not going to go for less options, thats for damn sure.

So with that I really love my 2015 Ecodeisel but lately the check engine light has been coming on and its been to the dealer 3 times already and still they cannot fix the problem. After doing my own research online I see all the problems with the EGR valve and all the soot build up in the intake manifold. Now we all know where this will eventually lead too, a blown motor. So the only thing I could do if I want to keep the truck would be to do a EGR delete and banks intake manifold. Doesn't seem like its a pretty big deal, especially if it will save the motor from blowing up if im going to end up buying it out.

As far as I can tell, My truck being a 2015 in Ct. it doesn't have to go through emissions and is exempt because of the year. Now that doesn't mean that can change down the road as the truck gets older. I really do love the truck and the milage I get since I drive a lot of highways miles per day. its got just over 50K on it now and I think id be safe to say if I did the EGR delete now hopefully there isn't much damage done already within the first 50K miles on it.

So my question is, if you were in my shoes what would you do? Stay with the truck and buy it out or trade it in and go with a less features truck and a lesser payment? BTW my truck at this point needs new tires put on it and probably brakes and a few other minor repairs. Nothing crazy though and its still in great shape besides being dirty and the rear seats being trashed by my two large dogs. :)

Anyways, any help would be great. Has anyone else done the EGR Delete and feel safe that with doing it the motor will last. I really hate to loose the powertrain warrenty but what good is it if we know by having the EGR on it, its destroying the motor daily anyways?

I can’t speak to your lease situation, but I will say that I deleted my EGR in January at 50k miles and it’s been great. I had a coolant leak because of the EGR and replaced it with the kit from Sasquatch and a tune from GDE. I’ve had no issues since the delete.

Josh Cuthbert

Sep 13, 2018
Truck Year
I can’t speak to your lease situation, but I will say that I deleted my EGR in January at 50k miles and it’s been great. I had a coolant leak because of the EGR and replaced it with the kit from Sasquatch and a tune from GDE. I’ve had no issues since the delete.
Which tube did you go with? Mind pm me