• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

First time on site, 2016 ED with 25000 miles

Kenw

Apr 8, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2016 ED that I paid approx 42000. I ended up putting about 25000 in extras. 6 inch lift, 37 inch tires, aftermarket wheels, bumpers, winch, chase rack, flares, very nice stereo system, custom grille, etc. etc. I live in Or. I have no mechanical knowledge. I bought this truck basically to pull my fishing boat that I had built to match the truck. I have had no problems with the truck except it is gutless. I bought the extended warranty with it and figured I would do the delete and tune it when the warranty was up. I talked with a friend that owns a car lot with a diesel shop and he recommends to file for the settlement, get the required work done then use the money to tune and do the delete. He said this would void the warranty, but would give the truck more power and better mileage and more longevity. I feel I have too much money in it to just trade it in and get 25000 trade in value. Does this sound like good advice and is 3000 too much for a full delete and tune? Thanks for any input....Ken

Kenw

Apr 8, 2019
Truck Year
I will look in to it, thank you for your advice. Do you know if the transmission tune will work for 37 inch tires?