• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

So sad

Johnny1975

Jul 11, 2019
Truck Year
I finally bought a truck with cash after years of saving. I was talked into the ecodiesel. Less than 50km later I found out I’ll need a new EGR cooler. With labour it’s $3500 and it’s not covered under warranty! I’m so mad at Chrysler Canada. If this is all on me I will spend the rest of my days slamming dodge as much as I can to everybody i see. I will make it a point to scare anybody that might be thinking of purchasing one. Absolutely unacceptable!

John

Nov 13, 2015
If it's a 2014-2016 you should be eligible for the AEM and extended warranty, but not the cash settlement.

Johnny1975

Jul 11, 2019
Truck Year
If it's a 2014-2016 you should be eligible for the AEM and extended warranty, but not the cash settlement.
Thanks for the info! I’ll be sure to use that when I chat with the service manager later this afternoon

John

Nov 13, 2015
It's important to have the AEM in place before addressing the EGR cooler.

Johnny1975

Jul 11, 2019
Truck Year
Oh
It's important to have the AEM in place before addressing the EGR cooler.
oh ya? Well I think tbmgat boat has sailed. They’re “officially” checking it right to confirm one way or another

Johnny1975

Jul 11, 2019
Truck Year
Oh

oh ya? Well I think tbmgat boat has sailed. They’re “officially” checking it right to confirm one way or another
Update! I just received a call and the service manager pulled miracles and didn’t have to! My service warranty didn’t cover it but the strings were pulled somehow! Let’s just say that they kept my business!

Johnny1975

Jul 11, 2019
Truck Year
Update! I just received a call and the service manager pulled miracles and didn’t have to! My service warranty didn’t cover it but the strings were pulled somehow! Let’s just say that they kept my business!
The question is ; should I sell it and make a lateral move to something else? I need durability and relability.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Here's a list of what's covered as part of the EPA settlement.

Consent Decree Appendix E
Extended Emission Warranty
Subject to standard limitations that must be identified to Eligible Owners and Eligible
Lessees, which may set forth exclusions like accident, abuse, neglect, or installation of noncertified parts, and applicable existing warranty provisions that will remain in effect, the
Extended Warranty shall cover the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair the items listed
below.
• Catalysts
o Diesel Oxidation Catalyst / Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Assembly
o Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) Catalyst
• Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) System
o DEF Injector
o DEF Injector Controller
o DEF Storage Tank
o DEF Delivery Lines
o DEF Concentration Sensor (2016 Model Year Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand
Cherokee only)
o DEF Supply Module, Pump, & Temperature Sensor Unit
• Parts of the Fuel System
o Low Pressure Fuel Pump Module & Level Unit
o Fuel Injectors
o Fuel Rail
o High Pressure Fuel Line
o High Pressure Injection Pump & Regulator Unit
• Parts of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System
o EGR Cooler Tubes
o EGR Cooler
o EGR Valve
o EGR Temperature Sensor
o EGR Cooler bypass actuator
• Other Sensors That Are Covered
o Oxygen Sensors
o NOx Sensors
o Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor
o Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
o Fuel/Water Separator Sensor
o Intake Swirl Actuator Sensor
o Engine Camshaft Position Sensor
o Engine Crankshaft Position Sensor
o Particulate Matter Sensor
o Mass Airflow Sensor
o Boost Pressure Sensor
o Crankcase Pressure Sensor
o Exhaust Manifold Pressure Sensor
APPENDIX E TO CONSENT DECREE
MDL No. 2777 EMC
Case 3:17-md-02777-EMC Document 484-1 Filed 01/10/19 Page 207 of 224
o Throttle Valve
o Exhaust Temperature Sensor
o DPF Differential Pressure Sensor
• Engine Control Module (Computer)
• Transmission Control Module (Computer)/Valve Body & Solenoids
• Throttle Valve
• Cylinder Head Assembly, Including Valves, Springs, Valve Spring Keepers, Valve Seats,
Cam Bearing Caps, and Manifold Studs (Camshaft and other components of the assembly
are not covered)
• Engine Thermostat/housing/gasket
• The turbocharger system including all related hoses and pipes, all sensors and actuators.
Additionally, the Extended Warranty shall cover the cost of any OBD Diagnostic Scan
for malfunctions that trigger the OBD Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL), regardless of whether
the malfunction is attributable to a part that is covered under the Extended Warranty

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks for the info! I’ll be sure to use that when I chat with the service manager later this afternoon
What year is the truck? I just had my 2016 EGR cooler replaced in February, under warrantee. (CANADA) But I recall him saying, it was under the 3 year, 60,000 km warrantee, of which, at the time, I was at 2 years, 11 months, and 56,000 km, so I just squeezed in the time line.

In Canada, we're not eligible for the AEM rebate, or extended warantee... Depends how old the truck is. What about a EGR cooler delete kit with a tune? The kits are around $200, but you also need a tune to programme the egr out...

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
When they replace that EGR check out the Plenum It will be sooted up Big time and will need replacing also, another $2000.00.

Old man

Mar 14, 2019
Truck Year
Ram is covering intake manifold soot build up part of emissions recall. Manifold is on order once fixed gde tune next to shut the egr off

John

Nov 13, 2015
The question is ; should I sell it and make a lateral move to something else? I need durability and relability.
The choice is yours but I see no reason to move on unless you need something to tow heavy

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
For me it’s all about economics and reputation. The Ecodiesel story is going to continue to get worse before it gets better. In other words, do you want to own something no one is willing to buy? Not me, I want my vehicle to retain an acceptable resale value. And I want to own a vehicle I have confidence in.