• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2014 Eco Diesel Ram Technical Specifications

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
2014 Ram 1500
POWERTRAIN
2014 Ram 1500’s Breakthrough 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6
Delivers Best-in-Class Fuel Economy
• 2014 Ram 1500 becomes the first and only light-duty pickup to benefit from
durable, efficient diesel technology with new 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6
• New turbo-diesel combines with the Ram 1500’s segment-exclusive eight-speed
automatic transmission, the TorqueFlite 8, to deliver best-in-class fuel economy and
range
• EcoDiesel offers unsurpassed torque (420 lb.-ft.) among V-6 pickups
• Innovative MultiJet II common-rail fuel-injection system, state-of-the-art Selective
Catalytic Reduction (SCR) and high-pressure cooled Exhaust Gas Recirculation
(EGR) contribute to EcoDiesel’s 50-state emissions compliance
• Unique Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) system enables the new engine to maintain
full power when fluid is low
• New EcoDiesel is compatible with B-20 biodiesel
• Award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 combines with TorqueFlite 8 to deliver bestin-class fuel economy for a gasoline-powered pickup
• TorqueFlite 8 and 5.7-liter HEMI® offer best-in-class combination of power and
fuel efficiency among pickups with V-8 engines
• 2014 Ram 1500 is the industry’s only light-duty pickup to offer diesel, gasoline
and flex-fuel engines
The wait is over.
The 2014 Ram 1500 not only is the first light-duty, full-size pickup to offer durable, efficient diesel
technology – it is the only one. And with the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel’s historic debut, Ram customers can
enjoy class-leading fuel economy and range, along with torque that is unsurpassed by any full-size truck
with a V-6 engine.

Source, Ram.com

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year
Yep, daily driver here too. Why I got the 1500 since I don't expect to tow over 9200 lbs. I am just tickled silly about mine!

Herb Council

Aug 23, 2018
Truck Year
I have 2014 eco diesel with 111k miles. I have had only one problem had to replace DEF tank. I am worried about timing chain slippage that some people are having. Anybody had this problem.? If yes, what can one do to prevent the problem?

Billdozer81

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
My 2014 eco diesel has been sitting for over a month and went to start it yesterday and it just clicked, so I replaced the battery and I still can’t get it turned over?? Doing same thing just click click , it’s like the new battery is junk too but idk, anyone have any idea what’s going on, I need help! Thank u all!!!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The big harnesses under the dash, disconnect and re-connect, Now's a good time to Dia-electric all connections, including the under body and frame connections or you will be getting No starts CEL and Messages for years to come.

If you dia-electric the connection remove the worthless sound foam and wash under the hood and body and frame connections before greasing.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Jump the starter from under truck check for power while u r there welcome to the forum

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I would worry more about a rod coming through the side of the motor that is very common welcome to the forum

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
2014 Ram 1500
POWERTRAIN
2014 Ram 1500’s Breakthrough 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6
Delivers Best-in-Class Fuel Economy
• 2014 Ram 1500 becomes the first and only light-duty pickup to benefit from
durable, efficient diesel technology with new 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6
• New turbo-diesel combines with the Ram 1500’s segment-exclusive eight-speed
automatic transmission, the TorqueFlite 8, to deliver best-in-class fuel economy and
range
• EcoDiesel offers unsurpassed torque (420 lb.-ft.) among V-6 pickups
• Innovative MultiJet II common-rail fuel-injection system, state-of-the-art Selective
Catalytic Reduction (SCR) and high-pressure cooled Exhaust Gas Recirculation
(EGR) contribute to EcoDiesel’s 50-state emissions compliance
• Unique Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) system enables the new engine to maintain
full power when fluid is low
• New EcoDiesel is compatible with B-20 biodiesel
• Award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 combines with TorqueFlite 8 to deliver bestin-class fuel economy for a gasoline-powered pickup
• TorqueFlite 8 and 5.7-liter HEMI® offer best-in-class combination of power and
fuel efficiency among pickups with V-8 engines
• 2014 Ram 1500 is the industry’s only light-duty pickup to offer diesel, gasoline
and flex-fuel engines
The wait is over.
The 2014 Ram 1500 not only is the first light-duty, full-size pickup to offer durable, efficient diesel
technology – it is the only one. And with the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel’s historic debut, Ram customers can
enjoy class-leading fuel economy and range, along with torque that is unsurpassed by any full-size truck
with a V-6 engine.

Source, Ram.com
After reading this it makes me want to sell my 2500 and run out and buy 2 of those fine trucks

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
IMO, Carlhenry that would be a BIG mistake......I know this is a ECO forum and I no longer own an Eco, But I'm holding FCA accountable for their relationship with VM, FCA higher ups should be demanding Fiat to fix the QC at VM Cento Italy.

My 2019 1500 gets equal MPG to My 2018 Summit. and it 2-3MPG better than My 2014 1500 1/2 Hemi.

LMBO at the 3.0 Comparison to the 3.2 V-6, My 2019 Hemi pulls My wagons way better than the 15 Eco 3.0, Its drink More go juices but its worth it. its 2-3MPG - to the 3.0, factor in gas is 0.40PG less it will take Years and about 160-180K miles just to break even. Hemi's bring good resale valve to the pavement, right now 3.0VM are a stay away engine.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Have. A hemi 15to 16mpg have a Cummins 12npg on a good day and a eco 25//31 all the time

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
What year of Trucks 07.5 to 12 6.7 mileage no good until deleted., My 2013/14 3500s both get great MPG Sold the 14 2 years back. , My 2014 Hemi is 17-19MPG Hwy and 12-14 City, My Eco hit 30MPG at 65 but drive it 70MPH 24-26MPG.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
We'1150 may have a lot do with mileage.💪

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I know winter was about eight mpg that is why I purchased the eco. As soon as the 2020 come out this one is going deleted and all

Leeboyd1

Jul 16, 2019
Truck Year
Has anyone experienced the oil pump drive gear on crankshaft coming loose and not driving oil pump? The free wheeling drive gear has caused low to no oil pressure and the crankshaft to seize and throw a rod.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Has anyone experienced the oil pump drive gear on crankshaft coming loose and not driving oil pump? The free wheeling drive gear has caused low to no oil pressure and the crankshaft to seize and throw a rod.
I never heard of the failure you describe, Is this what happened to your truck?

John

Nov 13, 2015
Yes. At highway speed towing a caravan.
Sorry to hear it happened to you. How did you find out the exact cause? We heard of too many bottom end failures but never officially knew the cause. Was your engine torn down?

Leeboyd1

Jul 16, 2019
Truck Year
Told initially that there was a blockage in an oil capillary leading to crankshaft main bearing, then a couple of days later told it was low oil pressure to crankshaft. Only told real reason when Engine stripped down and it became evident that the oil pump drive gear could freely rotate on the seized crankshaft. Conversely, the drive gear was not fixed to and rotating with crankshaft so oil pump was not being driven hence no oil pressure. The engine emitted a loud bang and stopped immediately when it failed at 68,000 miles. I have seen a video where the timing chain sprocket on the camshafts failed in similar fashion.