• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Block Heater

AndyIRV

Nov 19, 2019
Truck Year
Just purchased a 2015 EcoDiesel. I do not see a heater cord. Having had a previous super duty 6.0 ford that had to be plugged in when it got cold out. Does this engine require to be plugged in. I live in Minnesota, the truck was originally purchased in Minnesota as well. The dealer said to look under the plastic cowling by the passenger side headlight for a cord (not there). Also to look for a orange or red plug under the manifold at passenger side wheel well. I could not see anything not sure I'm looking in the right place.
Thanks,
Andy

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group the block heater is probably there the cord may b missing it is on the pass side they r fairly cheap 16.00 on Amazon I would crawl under and look first

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! This should help you out:

Also, this one from Amazon works:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

AndyIRV

Nov 19, 2019
Truck Year
welcome 2 the group the block heater is probably there the cord may b missing it is on the pass side they r fairly cheap 16.00 on Amazon I would crawl under and look first
Thank you, I will look again.

AndyIRV

Nov 19, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome! This should help you out:

Also, this one from Amazon works:
Thank you, pretty sure I'm going to need to order a cord.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Richard Bays

May 30, 2016
Truck Year
Keep looking, I had the dealer find it, now I've routed it to the front and put red tape on it. Don't need a block heater unless its below 0 F. Assume you are using the front cover below 32F ? Flaps should be closed below 20F, open between 32 and 20

AndyIRV

Nov 19, 2019
Truck Year
Keep looking, I had the dealer find it, now I've routed it to the front and put red tape on it. Don't need a block heater unless its below 0 F. Assume you are using the front cover below 32F ? Flaps should be closed below 20F, open between 32 and 20
I just picked up the truck last week. I do not have a front cover yet. Is their one you'd suggest?

Jerod

Jun 15, 2019
Truck Year
welcome to the group. I all so bought a 2015 ram with no cord. I found out it was originally sold in Canada so far so good with starting. if that helps

AndyIRV

Nov 19, 2019
Truck Year
welcome to the group. I all so bought a 2015 ram with no cord. I found out it was originally sold in Canada so far so good with starting. if that helps
It seems great so far, but the cold is coming. I did buy a cord and grill cover through Amazon for a quarter the cost at the dealer.