• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Electronic throttle control

Martyparty

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
2018 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel. Electronic throttle control warning light. Less than 11,000 miles. Stuck out of state for 4 WEEKS now with truck at the dealer causing loss of jobs, can’t get home, no vehicle. Every time the dealer tries to fix one thing, they break something else and have to order more parts. Replacing the turbo.
Beyond frustrated!! Isn’t it time we start a class action suit with so many issues?

Martyparty

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
I have two scanners but the truck refused to run over 20mph , with that kind of mileage I figured it best to go through dealership rather than mess with anything myself. They immediately said turbo was bad but constantly keep tearing up other parts trying to fix it. I have to get home and need my truck, I'm 1100 miles from home with a small Rv behind it. We are going to to lose our jobs Bill's are mounting up and Dodge want return my calls , although they initially took down all my information. I'm about to lose everything and dont know which way to turn.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
I have two scanners but the truck refused to run over 20mph , with that kind of mileage I figured it best to go through dealership rather than mess with anything myself. They immediately said turbo was bad but constantly keep tearing up other parts trying to fix it. I have to get home and need my truck, I'm 1100 miles from home with a small Rv behind it. We are going to to lose our jobs Bill's are mounting up and Dodge want return my calls , although they initially took down all my information. I'm about to lose everything and dont know which way to turn.
The Service Electronic Throttle System warning can be triggered by some 84 different sensor situations. When the error is coded the first items in the long list of causes is the Turbo Under Boost, second Fuel Injector quality under/over expectations, third High Pressure Fuel Pump low performance, etc. etc. so the dealer begins throwing parts at the engine. Many have found that the MAP sensor is clogged and or the EGR diffuser is clogged. My small scanner normally is able to clear the single error code, but the code also shuts off the regeneration cycle so if you drive any distance the DPF becomes full and requires a stationary regeneration on top of all other issues. This situation requires a dealer regeneration. Once you get past this situation the BANKS Power Derringer has a forced regeneration function programmed internally.

With that all being said the Customer Care representative should be your best bet, being under Warranty you should be able to leverage a replacement vehicle to get home until your truck is repaired. Good Luck.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Sure hope they got you up and running or a loaner to get home!

Martyparty

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Sure hope they got you up and running or a loaner to get home!
Not as of yet , but they did finally offer me a rental which I have to pay for plus an excessive out of state drop off fee , which they say they will look it over and reimburse me in several weeks. This is ridiculous, I paid cash for this truck fully loaded , I bought every extended warranty they offered, but yet here I am stuck out of state and having to pay out of my own pocket for a loaner , not counting motel bills and sitting now for over 5 weeks..

Martyparty

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Not as of yet , but they did finally offer me a rental which I have to pay for plus an excessive out of state drop off fee , which they say they will look it over and reimburse me in several weeks. This is ridiculous, I paid cash for this truck fully loaded , I bought every extended warranty they offered, but yet here I am stuck out of state and having to pay out of my own pocket for a loaner , not counting motel bills and sitting now for over 5 weeks..
What if I didn't have the few thousand that it appears this is going to cost me up front..

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Sorry to hear of all the drama. With the year of your truck and the low mileage I am at a loss as to why the Dealer is giving you the run around on repairs and rental. I agree with Boostn that a call to Corporate and get a Case number and Supervisor on board to clarify Warranty coverage for the Dealer should help. With that being said a Good Dealer and Good Eco Technician are key to getting good results, throw in a good Service Writer as well. Example my latest experience, called the Service Writer with my code and experiences as well as my attempts to resolve. She checked inventory status and tech availability and scheduled a day for me to bring in the truck. Thank goodness it was not a severe code such as yours. I dropped off my truck, tech scanned to confirm my read and code history, Service Writer ordered parts, tech got truck in the bay on the next day and completed a comprehensive inspection and testing program to confirm diagnosis. Two days for parts arrival and install, call for me to pick up truck. Three days total.

Good Luck.

Freedom319

Mar 28, 2021
Truck Year
Any chance replacing the battery result in fixing the electronic throttle response warning? Just got this today, I have a warranty but want to rule this out first since I’ve needed to replace the battery anyhow.

Freedom319

Mar 28, 2021
Truck Year
Any chance replacing the battery result in fixing the electronic throttle response warning? Just got this today, I have a warranty but want to rule this out first since I’ve needed to replace the battery anyhow.
At what point am I no longer a new member 😂 I’ve been here for a couple years now…