• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FCA letter 2020

Joebouncer13

Jan 13, 2020
Truck Year
Just received a letter from FCA acknowledging the lag after the aem update. It also said they updated the software in December 2019 to correct the issue. Wondering if anyone had the update done since then and if they still feel the acceleration issues all of us have?

rcupps

Jan 2, 2020
Truck Year
I've lost 4 MPG and the lag is scary bad. Did the letter state you could get the new update if you had the old one.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Just received a letter from FCA acknowledging the lag after the aem update. It also said they updated the software in December 2019 to correct the issue. Wondering if anyone had the update done since then and if they still feel the acceleration issues all of us have?
Can you share a copy of the letter?

Roger

Jan 20, 2019
Truck Year
Every parameter this letter addresses, “it might but it might not” regarding DEF usage, mileage, performance is just a cover written by a child!
The claim that small percentage of vehicles “may” experience the noted symptoms is also very telling.
1. they know the AEM will affect performance
2. The small percentage of vehicles affected is only noted by those who have taken the time to complain.
3. My truck is not the same truck I purchased in 2016 because of the AEM. No one from FCA has asked my opinion.
I still love my truck but it’s a crime that FCA is requiring the customer to beta test their product on our dime! Don’t even get me started on the EPA or CARB!

Last edited:

Firejeff

Oct 22, 2019
Truck Year
Every parameter this letter addresses, “it might but it might not” regarding DEF usage, mileage, performance is just a cover written by a child!
The claim that small percentage of vehicles “may” experience the noted symptoms is also very telling.
2. The small percentage of vehicles affected is only noted by those who have taken the time to complain.
3. My truck is not the same truck I purchased in 2016 because of the AEM. No one from FCA has asked my opinion.
I still love my truck but it’s a crime that FCA is requiring the customer to beta test their product on our dime! Don’t even get me started on the EPA or CARB!
Could not agree more. I called them today, rude, condescending,disrespectful, arrogant, is the only way describe how I was treated.

rcupps

Jan 2, 2020
Truck Year
Just got my letter today. Addressing one issue the lag. I want my milage back! 4 MPG adds up when you drive 30k a year! I guess we need to start looking into another class action?

rdyer777

Nov 11, 2019
Truck Year
Just got my letter today... My AEM isn’t scheduled until the 25th... I am also expecting my new HDDS ECU in the mail tomorrow. Thinking of swapping the ECU for the week in between just to see the before and after performance of the STOCK vs HDDS then what the AEM vs HDDS. I’ve included my letter

Attachments

• 3E4A3CF6-4E5C-453C-8190-CE4EB729EC76.jpeg
    3E4A3CF6-4E5C-453C-8190-CE4EB729EC76.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 20

MXDPA

Aug 16, 2017
Truck Year
I received that same letter also. I never did get the AEM and not planning on getting it. I am going to get a flash upgrade before they shut them all down.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Just got my letter today... My AEM isn’t scheduled until the 25th... I am also expecting my new HDDS ECU in the mail tomorrow. Thinking of swapping the ECU for the week in between just to see the before and after performance of the STOCK vs HDDS then what the AEM vs HDDS. I’ve included my letter
A caution note. It's my understanding that If your HDDS ECU is pre-AEM it will not work post-AEM. That you have to get the HDDS ECU retuned to work post-AEM. That's the way it was with GDE and the same for SFT tunes.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
A caution note. It's my understanding that If your HDDS ECU is pre-AEM it will not work post-AEM. That you have to get the HDDS ECU retuned to work post-AEM. That's the way it was with GDE and the same for SFT tunes.

This is not true for GDE, when we were selling in the US. We can provide a tune pre or post AEM. Where are you getting your information about GDE?

rdyer777

Nov 11, 2019
Truck Year
I guess I’ll call HDDS and ask the question about “pre” and “post”

CCW

Jun 11, 2019
Truck Year
AMEN brother - it's CYA time for FCA. The language in that letter is a lame attempt to downplay the fact that they lied to their customers once again and screwed up our vehicles with the original AEM update. However, buried in the softened language is a clear admission that they screwed us over. We'll see if this updated AEM release improves things at all. I have had nothing but problems since the original update was done on my truck in June...

CCW

Jun 11, 2019
Truck Year
Just received that letter yesterday as well. My truck has been in the shop for the last 52 days because of the EGR cooler safety issue (no repair parts availability). I just reached out to the service manager and told her I want the updated AEM applied as well before they return it to me. If/when I ever get my truck back I'll let you know how much it improved things.

FYI - hopefully there will be some improvements with the December update, but don't expect your truck to run as good as it used to. There are some disclaimers sprinkled in that letter even about performance after the December update...

cmltx123

Jan 17, 2020
Truck Year
I also received the letter concerning the updated AEM yesterday. I've been on the phone with multiple dealerships this morning to try and get more info on when it will be available. None of them know anything about it and it's not listed as an active recall. They've basically told me to come to the dealership so they can hook it up to a scanner to see if the software version is different than what's available. If it is different, they'll update to the latest version but that obviously makes me nervous given they don't seem to have any clue what's included in new versions of software patches. Ridiculous.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
This is not true for GDE, when we were selling in the US. We can provide a tune pre or post AEM. Where are you getting your information about GDE?
Maybe I misunderstood your previous website. You listed an AEM post tune for $50.00. I thought that tune was required for an existing GDE tuned ECU after the truck got the stock ECU AEM flash. Was I wrong?

Joebouncer13

Jan 13, 2020
Truck Year
I also received the letter concerning the updated AEM yesterday. I've been on the phone with multiple dealerships this morning to try and get more info on when it will be available. None of them know anything about it and it's not listed as an active recall. They've basically told me to come to the dealership so they can hook it up to a scanner to see if the software version is different than what's available. If it is different, they'll update to the latest version but that obviously makes me nervous given they don't seem to have any clue what's included in new versions of software patches. Ridiculous.
I’m hoping it’s not a ploy to get those on the fence to get the aem update done since obviously there’s an incentive for FCA to get as many vehicles updated.

cmltx123

Jan 17, 2020
Truck Year
Just got my letter today. Addressing one issue the lag. I want my milage back! 4 MPG adds up when you drive 30k a year! I guess we need to start looking into another class action?
Agreed. I have 130,000 miles on my 2015 and drive about 30K miles a year as well. I averaged around 23mpg the first 115,000 miles and struggle to achieve 20mpg ever since the AEM update last May. I have very little faith this "update" will improve the mpg but then again, who knows.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
Maybe I misunderstood your previous website. You listed an AEM post tune for $50.00. I thought that tune was required for an existing GDE tuned ECU after the truck got the stock ECU AEM flash. Was I wrong?
Yes, you were wrong on that. $50 update was good on any tune verison for existing customers pre or post AEM.