• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FCA letter 2020

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
My 2015 Ecodiesel Big Horn is at the dealer since December 20th for the EGR cooler leak. I had the AEM software update back in June. I experienced the poor turbo lag and acceleration with less MPG. I received a call from the service manager that the part finally arrived and was supposed to be ready by Friday. I asked him about me hearing about FCA not having a fix yet for the EGR cooler and AEM update. He said they have a fix now.
I do know that I qualify for $3,075 and can get a buyback since my truck is sitting over 30 days now.

Mark Lee

Feb 23, 2020
Truck Year
Just received a letter from FCA acknowledging the lag after the aem update. It also said they updated the software in December 2019 to correct the issue. Wondering if anyone had the update done since then and if they still feel the acceleration issues all of us have?
Just had my NEW /OLD EGR replaced until the REAL fix comes out in April. My lag is gone. Not sure if the dealer did anything, they never mentioned it.

Mark Lee

Feb 23, 2020
Truck Year
My 2015 Ecodiesel Big Horn is at the dealer since December 20th for the EGR cooler leak. I had the AEM software update back in June. I experienced the poor turbo lag and acceleration with less MPG. I received a call from the service manager that the part finally arrived and was supposed to be ready by Friday. I asked him about me hearing about FCA not having a fix yet for the EGR cooler and AEM update. He said they have a fix now.
I do know that I qualify for $3,075 and can get a buyback since my truck is sitting over 30 days now.
They had my identical truck for 60 days. They put in the same type EGR until the FIX comes out. 500 miles later it still smells very bad of coolant but doesn't seem to be losing any fluid. This is the same symptom right before the first EGR failed. It goes back in tomorrow. Hopefully they wont need to keep it for another two months. Dealership said today the NEW EGR is still expected in April.

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
They had my identical truck for 60 days. They put in the same type EGR until the FIX comes out. 500 miles later it still smells very bad of coolant but doesn't seem to be losing any fluid. This is the same symptom right before the first EGR failed. It goes back in tomorrow. Hopefully they wont need to keep it for another two months. Dealership said today the NEW EGR is still expected in April.
Picked up my Ram last Wednesday, unfortunately the recall and warranty work wasn’t completed. The dealer was contacted and let the service manager know that I now have another problem that needs immediate attention the Horn doesn’t work. Among the other problems originally described to the dealer back on December 20th, nothing was fixed or repaired. The service manager said to call the following day to set up a loaner vehicle. I called and the service manager said he will call me back. That Friday I was unable to make contact with the service manager. No return call. That Friday I received a survey from FCA and another from the dealer. On Monday I called to speak with the service manager and was told that he’s off. I immediately filled out the survey and on Tuesday received a call from a representative from the dealer regarding the survey. I explained to him my displeasure and was scheduled for a loaner the following week. The dealership apparently has a problem with customer service and unqualified techs working there. The coolant smell still hasn’t gone away, I park the Ram outside away from the house. I might just wait for those good deals on a new 2020 Ram Hemi.

fyermn

Oct 21, 2019
Truck Year
I took my 2015 Ecodiesel to the dealer today 02/28/2020, to have the AEM update, had the first update done in June 2019, since I received a letter last month stating that a remedy had been completed. They hooked it up to the computer and found nothing new. If their is already a remedy, and some dealers are loading it into the AEM, why aren't all the dealers able to have it? Something is NOT right. It is not difficult for FCA to send, Via computer, the new update to ALL the dealers at the same time.
I also have been losing coolant, not a lot, but some, since the first AEM update, and the dealer did a pressure check of the system, but found NO leaks or pressure loss. The coolant is in a closed system, and Should not need to have to add coolant at any time unless their is a leak. Something is NOT right!!
I called FCA (customer Service.) on 02/27/2020 to find out about the new update, and they said they knew nothing about it. I also called the attorney hot line and they told me that the new update should take care of the problem. My dealer looks at all the paper work I bring to their attention, including the Law suit paperwork, but they say that since none of it if from FCA offically, except for the one letter we all received, their hands are tied to who they charge for the work.

Kevin Gulbrandson

Dec 15, 2017
Truck Year
I got the software update, New P/N 68280881AP, installed today. I had the same experience in terms of the dealer not having any idea about this but armed with the info from this forum I convinced them to hook it up and there it was. I can't imagine why FCA would delay rolling this out since there are near-miss accidents every day but then I can't understand why they would trot out the same deception that VW-Audi got whacked for either.
I will drive a few days and report back about performance.
i had the same new update done on mine it seems the more i drive it the better it is getting the throttle response is better but as before the transmission has to relearn how you drive so that it seems to improve the more you dive it. even with winter fuel it is getting better mileage. all i can do is hope it keeps improving. also my dealer did not know about. and had never seen the letter. he just saw the update but there was no information on what it did.

Stewart

Sep 4, 2019
Truck Year
It has been just over a month since I got the new update done. Mileage has been steadily creeping up, it is in the 24s now on my normal mix of driving. It was around 22 after the initial update. The throttle lag is gone. I have not seen a letter from FCA announcing that this software is available, has anyone else gotten it?
Now if they can work out the EGR problem before the truck torches itself it might all work out.

T Bone

Oct 27, 2016
Truck Year
I just had the AEM fix done for my ED. Lag is gone. Haven't driven it enough to see The mileage response to the update. But truck has power again.

Sleddermxz

Aug 3, 2020
Truck Year
I had the 2nd recall flash on my'16 Ram done a few weeks ago and I'm still having the hesitation issue. I just called the stealer to add it to the list of issues that their supposed to be taking care of tomorrow. After the original AEM flash, I had all the hesitation problems like everyone else. Just before the appointment to have the 2nd flash and the EGR cooler recall done, I get a DEF system warning just after doing an exhaust filter burn. The truck also has a hissing sound when you accelerated due to a hole in the flex pipe. Long story short, they ended up replacing the entire DEF system (-) the tank and the flex pipe and cat assembly which fortunately was covered under the extended warrantee. They were also supposed to do the EGR cooler recall but weren't able to complete it due to no parts (their usual excuse). Funny, I have a co-worker that is a parts manager at another Ram dealer who said that they have 4 or 5 of the recall parts sets in stock at his place which is 20 miles away. Now I have the p1098 code for the oil temp sensor.
I'm hoping they re-flash the computer and the hesitation issue will be resolved. I tow a lot and the truck was great up until the AEM "fix". At this point I'm stuck with the truck since the trade value is in the toilet thanks to FCA. I'd love to trade it for a 2500 with a Cummins but the 50k price tag kind of prevents that.