• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New 2015 EcoD Laramie

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
Hi all from Az..just got my first Diesel anything last month, 4k on it and totally impressed with this truck, last was a loaded 2003 Avalanche Z71 4wd..190,000 miles of faithful service,...all my buddies at the range driving Rams..had to look forward and traded...not looking back....trying to learn about tuning (GDE) all the acronyms about ECM, EVIM, are coming slow being a noob..but excited about my new bush beater..so far....dealer lifted front end kit, installed 285 KO2's, new ARE Z cap and AMP Research steps,...I cant say enough good about the EcoD after towing my boat...lot to learn about Diesels and will be reading 2015 EcoD.jpg here from the Ramheads....thanks!

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Very nice. Love the stance. Welcome to the site.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Do you have any add'l pics of those tires & wheels? Probably go that route soon.

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
Do you have any add'l pics of those tires & wheels? Probably go that route soon.
I tried to rotate this..but keeps fighting it....you get the idea...I will post a couple more of the fitment

Attachments

• 285 65 20.jpg
    285 65 20.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 7

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
KO2 285 -20.jpg

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
Great looking truck! Welcome to the site.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.. let your buddies know about us as well! :)

Thank you for the welcome...really interested in the GDE tune...trying to figure out if it will reset all levels to zero...like oil life etc and if the dealer will detect that since I have not had a oil change yet...I'm sure there's a thread in here all about GDE and will look around....great site!

RamDr

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
Hey all. New to this site from a different, somewhat informational, ED site. I hope this one to be friendlier and more helpful. I have 37k on a loaded 14 Laramie and love it to death. New GDE hot tune and am getting 25+ on my commuting schedule rather than the routine 22. This truck is here to stay!

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Welcome. What was your experience with the whole GDE & ECU swap process?

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
Yes...VERY interested

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Please watch my videos on youtube about the egr cleaning and maintenance. You'll immediately see the importance of going through gde or celtic to stop stop the egr soot from building up in your intake and sticking your swirl valves and intake valves. I also have some other tricks that are also working you can do until you can afford the egr and ccv delete from them. I like the shell and the colors perfect for arizona. Also while your down there linear logic has a special Guage for the ecodiesel so you can monitor your regens so you'll never have any emissions issues. Be careful with tuning and pulling trailers, some people will rave them but I broke my flexplate just after I tuned mine. They downshift really hard when you up the power when towing up a mountain. These are sweet trucks as I rented a 2015 Cummins last night and it was one of the worst vehicles or experiences I've had with a truck. I wouldn't trade my truck for anything. The Cummins guys really don't know what they're missing compared to the ecodiesel

Attachments

• IMG_20151009_192138.jpg
    IMG_20151009_192138.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 6

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hey all. New to this site from a different, somewhat informational, ED site. I hope this one to be friendlier and more helpful. I have 37k on a loaded 14 Laramie and love it to death. New GDE hot tune and am getting 25+ on my commuting schedule rather than the routine 22. This truck is here to stay!

Welcome!

We're all here to help each other. I think you'll find we're all very friendly here.. and I'll always do my best to keep it that way! :)

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yeah this forum is the only forum ill post on. The flow and people here are much different, if you hav peoblems or not, fecide to modify or not, you won't be burned or crucified for it.

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
Please watch my videos on youtube about the egr cleaning and maintenance. You'll immediately see the importance of going through gde or celtic to stop stop the egr soot from building up in your intake and sticking your swirl valves and intake valves. I also have some other tricks that are also working you can do until you can afford the egr and ccv delete from them. I like the shell and the colors perfect for arizona. Also while your down there linear logic has a special Guage for the ecodiesel so you can monitor your regens so you'll never have any emissions issues. Be careful with tuning and pulling trailers, some people will rave them but I broke my flexplate just after I tuned mine. They downshift really hard when you up the power when towing up a mountain. These are sweet trucks as I rented a 2015 Cummins last night and it was one of the worst vehicles or experiences I've had with a truck. I wouldn't trade my truck for anything. The Cummins guys really don't know what they're missing compared to the ecodiesel

Thanks for the info...I have not experienced the regen activity, or just didn't know what it was, I guess the additive some guys report pouring in the tank is to reduce the regens...?

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
No additive really does much I've tried everyrhing. Your actually going through a regen every 100 mile on in town driving and 200 mile on highway driving. If you ever see a regen message on your dash you need to adjust your driving habits as your not letting it complete. A scanguage 2 or new edge Guage will show you your regen status and will really help you keep your emissions components working for a long time.

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
Hmm...I have not seen this regen message, or missed it somehow...with only 4000 miles on the truck should I be looking into something already...like cleaning a filter or something?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks for the info...I have not experienced the regen activity, or just didn't know what it was, I guess the additive some guys report pouring in the tank is to reduce the regens...?

It's good you haven't seen it. Means the system is doing it's job behind closed doors as designed.

I have rather short daily drives. So as a rule, I find excuses to hook to the boat or a trailer on the weekends and go on a nice 40-60mile run. Keeps the truck happy and me as well. [emoji3]

RamDr

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
I have never seen a regen until GED mod placed. Notable times of crappy mileage. Likely the notice was hidden. Mileage increase huge, 15% at least.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I have never seen a regen until GED mod placed. Notable times of crappy mileage. Likely the notice was hidden. Mileage increase huge, 15% at least.
I'm beginning to not like you & your GDE tune.

/joke. Just jealous!