• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EcoDiesel Engine Warning Light

Bobby D. from TN

Nov 3, 2015
I'm new to this venue and own a 2014 EcoDiesel. Great truck. My first truck and it has 34000 miles on it. I live in Nashville and on a trip to Little Rock in August, the engine warning light came on just before I got to my destination. After my meeting, I got back in the truck, started, but the engine would only go about 40 mph. Limped into Frank Fletcher Dodge in N. Little Rock after talking with the folks at Dodge Warranty. Took two weeks to repair (this was just after a Jeep recall) and I had to rent a car and drive back to Little Rock to get my truck. Well, about two weeks ago, I got another Engine Warning Light. Dealership that I go to indicated that there had been a recall, They reset the warning light, did the recall work, etc. Three days after picking up my truck from the repair shop, the warning light is back on! I keep plenty of DEF and have had no other problems. Any thoughts or comments?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Any details around engine codes? Without knowing engine codes it's hard to really tell what really could be the problem. I know most problems have been emissions related. Some truck are having the "oil in coolant" problem, but obviously that's not the problem here since you're getting a warning message on the dash.

And why did it take two weeks? What did they replace to "Repair" it?

Welcome to the site!

Bobby D. from TN

Nov 3, 2015
BoostN, I'd be happy to scan my repair invoice (under warranty) and send to you. Would that provide the information you need? How do I get it to you?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
BoostN, I'd be happy to scan my repair invoice (under warranty) and send to you. Would that provide the information you need? How do I get it to you?

We all can look at it here. Just scan to you computer, save it.. then you'll be able to attach it to your reply/post here. Click the "Upload a File" button before posting the reply.

Tom gengler

Jan 12, 2016
Truck Year
New to this. My 2016 eco diesel check engine light has come on 4 times. I haven't even made my first payment. My average mpg is 14.4. I got better mileage with my 6.4 hemi 2500. Less than a month old and i am ready to trade!!! Does it get better?!? Thanks tom

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
New to this. My 2016 eco diesel check engine light has come on 4 times. I haven't even made my first payment. My average mpg is 14.4. I got better mileage with my 6.4 hemi 2500. Less than a month old and i am ready to trade!!! Does it get better?!? Thanks tom

That average is not good Tom.. I would take it as you have a problem somewhere...

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Definitely a problem.

Tom gengler

Jan 12, 2016
Truck Year
I am just curious as to the mileage others are getting? And how many miles you have on your truck? Thanks tom

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Right now with winter set in, on good highway runs I can still average around 26. However, on my Monday through Friday short commutes, I'm getting 20.

2015 CCSB 3.55 4wd

12,800 miles

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Tom I average around 18mpg in 100% city driving, around 23mpg for mixed driving, and about 29-30mpg hwy. You have got a serious issue.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
I tow, do lot of city driving and some highway, my life fuel is about 25 mpg, based on all fuel bought with a bit over 17,000 km on the truck.

So far, all okay, initially I did get some warning lights and smell, but that disappeared quick. The Edge monitor was a very helpful tool. No guess work, no shutting down engine during REGEN, etc.

If I did a lot of short drives and stops, like commuting to work each day and in cold weather, I can see REGEN issues very often. So, I couldn't recommend to those type of commuter to buy a diesel. Better off to get gas engine. My current leanings....