• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wanted OBD2 Tool With Forced DPF Regen

Propaganda26

Feb 19, 2022
Truck Year
I’m looking to purchase a Used OBD2 Scanner and bi-directional tool that can Perform a Forced DPF Regen. If it has another other options then great, but the only requirement is that it can do the regen on my 2015 Ram bighorn Ecodiesel. If any one has an older unit that they no longer need; they recently upgraded; or retired out of the business, then I will buy your tool. Looking to keep it under 200.00 I have PayPal or can meet up if you are close to the New England (Maine, N.H Vermont, Mass) Area

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Look into alfaobd, costs around 100$ for software and obd adapter. I believe it will do a stationary desoot. Either way it’s a valuable tool for these trucks

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
What Tramper said. Plus, I found that an Edge Insight CTS2 does it much easier

Jan 31, 2022
Truck Year
I bought a scan tool through Harbor freight. Cost 269 plus tax but it works excellent for doing Regen. It's also good for other vehicles that I have. It's a Zurich zr15s

Ryan76

Aug 15, 2021
Truck Year
I’m looking to purchase a Used OBD2 Scanner and bi-directional tool that can Perform a Forced DPF Regen. If it has another other options then great, but the only requirement is that it can do the regen on my 2015 Ram bighorn Ecodiesel. If any one has an older unit that they no longer need; they recently upgraded; or retired out of the business, then I will buy your tool. Looking to keep it under 200.00 I have PayPal or can meet up if you are close to the New England (Maine, N.H Vermont, Mass) Area
I bought an INNOVA 5160rs from AutoZone for just the forced Regen...it has RAM software I want to say it was $260 don't buy the Harbor Freight they wouldn't give a return if it didn't have the Regen. Just follow the directions from an online manual hit start it does the rest I don't want to sell it, I'm just pointing out that AutoZone has what you need

Attachments

• 16551746067025326765570367199461.jpg
    16551746067025326765570367199461.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 17

Beckster7

Mar 21, 2022
Truck Year
Look into alfaobd, costs around 100$ for software and obd adapter. I believe it will do a stationary desoot. Either way it’s a valuable tool for these trucks
Does anyone know the procedures for doing a regen with alphaOBD?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Here is what I have recorded.
Use with caution as I have not tried it. I use my Edge CTS2 to cause a regen.

Attachments

• Regen-Staionary.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 30

Propaganda26

Feb 19, 2022
Truck Year
I bought an INNOVA 5160rs from AutoZone for just the forced Regen...it has RAM software I want to say it was $260 don't buy the Harbor Freight they wouldn't give a return if it didn't have the Regen. Just follow the directions from an online manual hit start it does the rest I don't want to sell it, I'm just pointing out that AutoZone has what you need
Thanks for the comment on the post. I ended up dusting off a old android tablet cleaned everything off it and downloaded AlfaOBD App. Since then I’ve spent hours learning all of the things it can do and have barely scratch the surface. It only helps on my dodge truck but I ended up using Torque pro for the other vehicles.

The AlfaOBD App has been a game changer in regards to my control/knowledge of my truck. Other then the Numerous things you can do in the Alfaobd app, the best feature is actually how helpful and quick the developers are at responding to any questions you might have.

The one downside I’ve found with the app is that you can, if you are not carful mess up your vechile settings. I’ve never done this but it’s because I knew to be carful with it. The very first thing I did was save a backup of my original truck settings before I touched anything else

Other then the Regen I’ve used the app a ton for linking my truck to upgrades I’ve added such as LED lights. Rear heated seats. And hopefully soon truck-bed lights, and it’s all setup as if it was a factory feature when I purchased the truck, no separated switches.

I feel like I’m pitching the app like I’m a salesman for it but honestly I can’t speak highly enough if it if you have even a mild interest in your truck/maintenance or upgrades to it

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Alfa is deff a necessity for these trucks! If you get bored disable the fog lamp dropout when high beams are enabled, much better lighting!

ctufkes

Mar 24, 2023
Truck Year
Alfa is deff a necessity for these trucks! If you get bored disable the fog lamp dropout when high beams are enabled, much better lighting!
How do you get into these settings? I've just recently purchased the alfa-obd and successfully did the regen (3 times) in order to finish cleaning the filter after dropping it from the truck and giving it a good soapy water bath with pressure washer. But using my Android phone can't find all the extra features everyone talks about!?.... Also new here so thank you in advance for all the help with my 2014!

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Most all your extra settings are in the body control module, towards the bottom there’s another line option I can’t remember how it reads but you could spend hours looking at all the settings they can alter!

ctufkes

Mar 24, 2023
Truck Year
After looking last night for probably an hour(it's funny how fast and do you go down the rabbit hole of time looking at the options) I came across a few things I have never heard of, Luci feature, thatchum, military vehicle present, (average/excess longitude/lateral acceleration)-does this fix our giant amount of pedal lag?!?, Steering smoothing, hard top stealth, alarm-ultrasonics, eco mode configuration, BUX market......

Anyone know what these are? Or have played around with them to find out?!

Also! Is there ANY way on our 1500 ecodiesel to get the turbo boost gauge on our instrument cluster like they have on the 2500&3500??? Like in the picture!?

Attachments

• signal-2023-03-24-15-04-09-291.jpg
    signal-2023-03-24-15-04-09-291.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 5

jamrs29ko

Jul 30, 2023
Truck Year
What scan tool will force regen a 2018 ram with that security gateway junk

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
what is the Regen procedure with Edge cts2
please
You merely select the Regen item (I forget the actual nomenclature) to start a regen. It will tell you it will regen on the next ignition (or something like that). The next time you drive the truck and it reaches the proper temp the regen starts. The easiest and simplest procedure of all.

I don't think a CTS2 will work on your 2022, it won't work on my 2020 3500 HO. Edge confirmed it will not work properly on my 2020. If you were near me I have a spare CTS2 you could try.

Dare

Feb 20, 2024
Truck Year
You merely select the Regen item (I forget the actual nomenclature) to start a regen. It will tell you it will regen on the next ignition (or something like that). The next time you drive the truck and it reaches the proper temp the regen starts. The easiest and simplest procedure of all.

I don't think a CTS2 will work on your 2022, it won't work on my 2020 3500 HO. Edge confirmed it will not work properly on my 2020. If you were near me I have a spare CTS2 you could try.
do you have an idea of which product works best on ram 3500 2022 for regeneration

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
do you have an idea of which product works best on ram 3500 2022 for regeneration
I'm only familiar with AlphaOBD which only does a stationary regen. I have never tried it but there are several reports across the forums of owners using it successfully. Don' know if any were with 2022s.