• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rebuilding 2013 eco diesel tips needed

Pascal Benoît

Feb 26, 2023
Truck Year
I'm in the same boat I can share some of what I've learned if you want to send me a messageView attachment 3963
I just got a free service Manual with all rebuild specs for torquong head bolts and all other things that really matter in the torque specs area.. Do you want a free copy? Send me your e mail and it's yours, you can share it as much as you like

Pascal Benoît

Feb 26, 2023
Truck Year
I'm in the same boat I can share some of what I've learned if you want to send me a messageView attachment 3963
What do your pistons look like? I have 3 cracked pistons, iran out of oil and chewed 3 bearrings, no mains though... Just piston brarri g's and they heated up so much the pistons cracked,.. I ran out of oil after driving over a hammer left on the road.. I am enjoying this, I found a donor motor for 100$ great rank and bearrings and pistons... I buy used stuff only as much as possible
I work on it on week ends only... work all week... I think of it all the time I don't know if it's sane but I am looking forward to putting it back together, so far no breaks except for all wiring harnesses I pretty much broke most of the clips, I'll just use gasket silicone and put a dot on the internal side of the plug before plugging back in... Electrical grease as well to refresh all like new

Pascal Benoît

Feb 26, 2023
Truck Year
My question I have 3 pistons left like new, and from the donor motor I have 6 used with used top sides... I wonder idmf I can use them.. They have no cracks and the crank and bearrings wich I will reuse are fine, yes the used bearrings still have thd green coat on them with minor marks,.. But the piston edges where the top and sides meet are a little worn... The rings and rest of the pistons are great.. What do you think?

Pascal Benoît

Feb 26, 2023
Truck Year
I also broke the hose while dismantling the back of the engine exhaust manifold I suppose was held by a n approximate 6 inch hose /Rubber hose.. I wonder what it's for and what kind of hosing should use for replacement.. Thanks

4Fingers

Jan 3, 2020
Truck Year
I just got a free service Manual with all rebuild specs for torquong head bolts and all other things that really matter in the torque specs area.. Do you want a free copy? Send me your e mail and it's yours, you can share it as much as you like

4Fingers

Jan 3, 2020
Truck Year
I am trying to get things together in case of a motor problem and would appreciate a copy of the torque specs. You can email it to this address: [email protected]. I really appreciate this. Thank you