• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you trade for your EcoDiesel?

ramtex

Sep 13, 2014
Truck Year
Your forum appears very slow moving, only old post unfurtunally, hope more people would find it

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Your forum appears very slow moving, only old post unfurtunally, hope more people would find it

It will take some time to build, I'm just looking to have fun with everyone and share our common interest of the EcoDiesel!

David Reighn

Oct 21, 2014
Truck Year
Boost, I traded in my 2005 1500 Laramie quad cab. It was solar yellow same color as the Rumble Bee. The motor was a 5.7 hemi with a cold air system, Gibson side exhaust and a superchips tuner. I miss the truck, but, I don't miss the 12mpg.

Dave

CJnOC

Sep 16, 2014
Truck Year
Last time I had a car that got 12 mpg was my 68 Chrysler 300 with a 440. Boy do I miss that ride!

MaxSteelDave

Feb 9, 2015
Truck Year
Traded 2008 Ram 1500 Laramie, Hemi w 3.91 gears. Avg 11 mpg. Have NO buyer's remorse. 2014 Laramie EcoDiesel is far improved truck in almost all areas

MaxSteelDave

Feb 9, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks, love the truck so far but it is different than anything I have owned. Learning a lot from reading the posts...

Capri2200

Feb 25, 2015
Truck Year
a 2005 Ford Excursion Limited for my Big Horn. I miss many of the luxuries in the Excursion, but I don't miss the horrible fuel mileage. truck was going to need some work on the front and back end and I just did not have the time or energy to do it.
Regarding my 2014 Eco, I'll be quite honest, I'm on the fence. Eco seems to perhaps be a bit of a misnomer. The truck is not cheap to run and maintain. It does do with MPG on the road and in the city, bu not well enough to show any significant savings.

MaxSteelDave

Feb 9, 2015
Truck Year
I was discouraged the first 4k miles. I was getting between 18 and 19 mpg avg. Since then, it's jumped up to almost 21 mpg in my journal. It's been saving me approx $150 per month in operating expense. It always has a couple hundred lb load of tools and I changed the tires to BFF Rugged Terrains before I picked it up...overall, great truck and love 500 miles between fillups

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
I traded a Honda Ridgeline. It was a great mini truck and handled the snow like it was dry pavement. Mileage wasn't great and sucked when towing.

I love my new Ram but will probably really miss the Honda in the snow.

MaxSteelDave

Feb 9, 2015
Truck Year
I did change the tires on my truck to the Rugged Terrains, but with the torque of the diesel, I had no problem in any weather condition this winter. in fact, a couple times I even forgot to switch it into the AWD

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
While I can afford it, I'm having a difficult time reconciling that the OEM tires suck (at least what I've read). My Honda came with Michelins

I don't find a reasonable priced Winter tire set on Tire Rack yet either....plus I need to do some research on winter tires. My Wife's Sorento with 19" tires handles like a dream in the snow..

MaxSteelDave

Feb 9, 2015
Truck Year
I just switchd them because of the driving I do, various surfaces with my work. I just bought them through a local tire store thats earned my business. Had the OEM Goodyears, a set of Cooper Discoverers and a set of the Rugged Terrains on my last truck. Average 1500 miles a month

Mobile4

Jan 21, 2014
Yes, after spending 40 grand on a truck I'm going to try and get the best out of these factory tires.

MaxSteelDave

Feb 9, 2015
Truck Year
Except that I got a really good trade on the tire deal because they accepted the good Goodyears as new, I probably wouldn't have done it until they were wornout