• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil temp

Mauiarcher

Dec 21, 2015
Truck Year
Just took delivery. I am not sure if I am posting in the right section but was wondering about typical oil temp. My jetty diesels and several boat engines typically ran 190 degrees as normal operating temp. I notice the eco diesel is humming around 210....I assume this is normal? Thank you in advance.

renewal101

Jan 3, 2016
Truck Year
help......I was wondering how you members are seeing your actual engine oil temps? My oil temp gauge goes from "C" to "H"? Am I missing something? Thanks for any help

renewal101

Jan 3, 2016
Truck Year
On the dash screen scroll to show actual temp numbers

I can't seem to find that.....is it in the manual somewhere?

Has any member observed their oil temp when towing at near tow limits. I found the following note.
"High oil temperature in excess of 240°F (115°C) will break down petroleum oils and cause oxidation, which in turn forms deposits, varnish and increases wear."

Last edited:

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
What trim is your truck? You should have the Arrows on your steering wheel to scroll up and down between different displays such as full mileage etc. On your dash screen. Then you can scroll left and right in some sections to give you more options

renewal101

Jan 3, 2016
Truck Year
What trim is your truck? You should have the Arrows on your steering wheel to scroll up and down between different displays such as full mileage etc. On your dash screen. Then you can scroll left and right in some sections to give you more options

I have a 2015 ED Big Horn trim. I scrolled through the display options again and I evidently don't have a engine oil temp read out.....other than the "C" to "H" indicator. Thanks for your help

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
You should be able to get them even with the small display keep digging also you may check YouTube for a video to show you how to find what your looking for

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
renewal101-

It's under the 'vehicle info' tab. I believe it's right arrow to get to individual gauges. Then cycle up or down until you get to 'gauge summary'.
f2e3d62d866bd213833ff2e2b2efe785.jpg

-pulled pic from a thread of CaptMal's. Hope you don't mind.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
I don't have that screen but figured it had to be the same/similar navigation.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Yea I know Harrison, you're all fancy with the big screen. I'm surprised you even still talk to us lowly UConnect 5 people....

Ha just messin.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
renewal101, I was curious about you not seeing temp read outs. I have the BigHorn too, and even on the individual gauge screen it reads out numerically, which I wasn't for sure it did. So can you please pics of gauge you have? Curious like a cat....
e8689457e7bd5c0535bd1709b62891ba.jpg

renewal101

Jan 3, 2016
Truck Year
Here is a picture of my dash panel......it would be great if I have a numerical read out. I sure can't find it.
ram dash gauges.JPG

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Use the up and down arrow on the left hand side of your steering wheel until the small arch window on the left side of your screen shows a picture of a truck...then press the left and right arrows until it shows you the display of coolant temp, trans temp, oil temp, and oil pressure all numerically.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I was unaware bighorns can option the big screen.

renewal101

Jan 3, 2016
Truck Year
Use the up and down arrow on the left hand side of your steering wheel until the small arch window on the left side of your screen shows a picture of a truck...then press the left and right arrows until it shows you the display of coolant temp, trans temp, oil temp, and oil pressure all numerically.

Mharrison......thank you so much! I finally found it and only with your help. I really appreciate it. Andy

01TwoForty

Jan 24, 2016
Truck Year
210 is normal, once it gets to operating temp under light load it will normally be at or above the engine coolant temp.