• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Carfax reports.

D. Bloomfield

Jan 19, 2016
Truck Year
I knew car fax collected info on vehicle crashes. What I didn't know was that many dealers are now putting all maintenance records of your vehicle on carfax. From changing windshield wipers to oil changes to major repairs.

It was explained to me that since my engine was replaced and will show on carfax that the value of my truck will will drop.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
It depends on how the person sees it.... Some would see it as this "Hey, it's got a newer engine!". But that brings up more questions... was the owner rough on the truck, etc.

Unfortunately for you.... I personally think it's a negative impact on the carfax no matter how much you look at it.

I know it would probably steer me away unless the price was really good.

D. Bloomfield

Jan 19, 2016
Truck Year
It depends on how the person sees it.... Some would see it as this "Hey, it's got a newer engine!". But that brings up more questions... was the owner rough on the truck, etc.

Unfortunately for you.... I personally think it's a negative impact on the carfax no matter how much you look at it.

I know it would probably steer me away unless the price was really good.
The person that showed me is family who works for a dealer. Their attitude is they need to see if the car was maintained. I do a lot of oil changes and minor repairs. If I don't produce receipts then the maintenance never happened.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
The person that showed me is family who works for a dealer. Their attitude is they need to see if the car was maintained. I do a lot of oil changes and minor repairs. If I don't produce receipts then the maintenance never happened.

Exactly.. I always recommend to save receipts when you do your own oil changes so you have some kind of documentation/proof that the work was done.