• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What's up ED peeps

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year
TJ here, just ordered a 2016 Limited 4x4 w/Eco. I researched it before deciding to trade my 2014 2500 w/6.4L, not planning on a lot of towing. Getting it mainly for the fuel mileage.

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Welcome.

How'd you come to decide on the limited with the tramp stamp? Like the new style? The grill and tailgate are a lot to take in Imo

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year
Welcome.

How'd you come to decide on the limited with the tramp stamp? Like the new style? The grill and tailgate are a lot to take in Imo

jdn....I like to be different, :), hence the reason I ride a Harley Road Glide. Also, when I spect out a lower model (Laramie) w/all the options on it that i wanted, it cost more than the Limited and I don't like a lot of chrome.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Yeah to be honest my longhorn was more expensive than an equivalently equipped limited because I added the factory air and sunroof and well everything, on top of the ecodiesel but I couldn't do with ram only having two interior color options. I don't like black interiors and I've got dogs and kids so the beige is too light, hence the saddle leather and the longhorn package. And I love the two tone prairie Pearl which they don't offer anymore.

I guess we've all got our reasons but I'd be looking to replace that tailgate! I could handle the new grill but not both.

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year
Yeah to be honest my longhorn was more expensive than an equivalently equipped limited because I added the factory air and sunroof and well everything, on top of the ecodiesel but I couldn't do with ram only having two interior color options. I don't like black interiors and I've got dogs and kids so the beige is too light, hence the saddle leather and the longhorn package. And I love the two tone prairie Pearl which they don't offer anymore.

I guess we've all got our reasons but I'd be looking to replace that tailgate! I could handle the new grill but not both.

I'm contemplating taking all the chrome off and getting it powder-coated gloss black.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Just your bumpers you mean? You could just replace the bumpers with painted black oem (aftermarket not mopar) skins which are ~250 each primed so you don't have to scuff your chrome to adhere the powder coating or Paint.

Seeing as that only accounts for the bumpers and running boards (again you may be better off finding aftermarket black running boards as it's more cost effective than altering factory equipment)

And will you plasti dip the emblems and mirrors in black? It would be interesting to see the change.

Actually check out getting tailgate emblems from the rebel as those are black could be an option to calm down the back and black out everything.

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year
Just your bumpers you mean? You could just replace the bumpers with painted black oem (aftermarket not mopar) skins which are ~250 each primed so you don't have to scuff your chrome to adhere the powder coating or Paint.

Seeing as that only accounts for the bumpers and running boards (again you may be better off finding aftermarket black running boards as it's more cost effective than altering factory equipment)

And will you plasti dip the emblems and mirrors in black? It would be interesting to see the change.

Actually check out getting tailgate emblems from the rebel as those are black could be an option to calm down the back and black out everything.

My bumpers are body colored, didn't go with the chrome bumper group.

I'm going to replace the running boards with my Amp electric boards off of my 2500, love those boards.

Didn't think about the Rebel badging, may be a good idea.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Just be aware it's matte and not gloss badging. Or at least I'm almost certain

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year
Well, I got an update today and my truck is in the paint phase, hopefully it won't be long now.

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year
Well got an update today and my truck is getting the bed liner sprayed in and I have a build sheet now, no window sticker yet.:(

Attachments

• 2016 RAM Build Sheet.pdf
    9.4 KB · Views: 5

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Odd, you notice they have your build as a longhorn? Just add on limited grill and tailgate?

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year
Yea, I read somewhere that that's what it shows on the build sheet, even though it's technically a Laramie Limited. Glad I remembered reading that somewhere or else I might have freaked when I saw it on the build sheet.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
It's just less the longhorn badging throughout and it puts air suspension to standard equipment vs it being optional as a longhorn would be

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year
Another update, it's now in KZ Status (Awaiting Shipment), can't wait to get my hands on it. (y)

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Unfortunately unless you're better than my case that means you're still a good 2 weeks+ from delivery

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year
Latest update, En Route (Ohio)