• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Little Worried

StevenB

Mar 30, 2016
Truck Year
I just stumbled across this site when googling stuff about my new 2015 Tradesman EcoDiesel I bought this past Monday. It was leftover inventory from last year and with the lot stacked with 2016's they were pushing to get rid of it. Only 90 miles on it and so far (for the 3 days ive had it) and so far it is a great truck. Smooth driving, everything works (but thats to be expected from a new vehicle).

I read and have heard great things about them prior to buying one and this is the first site where ive read negative things about them...I hope mine doesnt have some of these issues im seeing. Fingers crossed!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome Steven!

The problems with sites (such as this one) are most people join to post a problem.. not to say how good their truck is.

The EcoDiesel's have had their problems that's for sure, but nothing to go out and think about trading it off (especially while you're in warranty). Time will tell, but they are pretty good trucks overall.

Reactions: SLT

StevenB

Mar 30, 2016
Truck Year
^^^ Good point. People are always quick to complain or post problems but not praise. I went in looking for a 2500 Cummins and ended up leaving with this 1500 EcoBoost. I did some research on them but not as much as I did with the 2500 so im kinda just now diving in deep with this truck. So far what ive read from review sites has been good and friends who know people that have them have said good things. Hoping it turns out to be a great truck for me!

What would you recommend for a leveling kit? I plan on keeping it stock as far as the motor goes but want to lift up the front for the look side of things.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
What would you recommend for a leveling kit? I plan on keeping it stock as far as the motor goes but want to lift up the front for the look side of things.

Here is a recent leveling kit thread:

http://www.ecodieselram.com/forum/threads/leveling-2015-ram-1500.675/

Some good info also just by searching "leveling kit". A lot of folks have different ones with no problems reported.

If you're wanting to stay stock and "in warranty", a cold air intake would be fine for most dealers.

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
I went in looking for a 2500 Cummins and ended up leaving with this 1500 EcoBoost.

Welcome to the site. Hopefully you won't have any more Freudian slips, like calling your new ride an "EcoBoost"!

StevenB

Mar 30, 2016
Truck Year

Kent hall

May 16, 2016
I just stumbled across this site when googling stuff about my new 2015 Tradesman EcoDiesel I bought this past Monday. It was leftover inventory from last year and with the lot stacked with 2016's they were pushing to get rid of it. Only 90 miles on it and so far (for the 3 days ive had it) and so far it is a great truck. Smooth driving, everything works (but thats to be expected from a new vehicle).

I read and have heard great things about them prior to buying one and this is the first site where ive read negative things about them...I hope mine doesnt have some of these issues im seeing. Fingers crossed!
Drive it you'll be fine I hope we are anyway