• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

H&S oil cooler

MRNY

Jul 7, 2015
Truck Year
So I received my D&J oil cooler and now have to find some time to install works been very busy. But in the mean time I have a question? You guys have a lot of opions which is awesome so I want to ask what you guys think of this kit. I think this kit looks great but lacks a few things my personal truck needs. 1. During cold temps the oil has no bypass to avoid the cooler am not sure about having a winter front as it hasn't been discussed. I do know I need a winter front personally my truck would take for ever to heat up last year. 2. stagnate air I live in a very congested area and my coolent temps stay right under 220 so my fan usually doesn't turn on. With this kit I have no way of helping air flow past the cooler. Again this is a nice piece but these are just thinks I personally thought about. I did ask about egts and intercooler temps but no answer they said they didn't run a cts or a monitor to monitor the other temps besides the oil. I know there were a lot of questions and comments about the kit I ordered which I bought cause I was buying the first one available and I liked the fans. The kit I bought is cheaper by 25$ or 125$ depending on the kit also comes with fans and oil bypass you may or may not need or want these but I try to get the most for my money. I've been told this kit has had a lot of scientific testing but have not seen any and like you guys i have questions. Only answers I get is h&s built it so it's perfect not very scientific but that's the answer and that's ok also. I just want to see what this crowd has to say. Thank you for you comments and opions.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    280.8 KB · Views: 29

John

Nov 13, 2015
I'm still waiting for genuine engineering data before I consider any kit. There's just to much at stake to take a gamble on something like what's currently available.

MRNY

Jul 7, 2015
Truck Year
Ok fair enough what data would
You be looking for I understand scientific but could you be more specific.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Ok fair enough what data would
You be looking for I understand scientific but could you be more specific.

Documents such as drawings, manufacturer’s specifications, standards, quality assessment, and other information relating to design, test, and inspection of the oil cooler.

MRNY

Jul 7, 2015
Truck Year
Ok fair enough I guess. I personally have never seen anything like that for a manufacture part or design such as these trucks we drive. I've also used parts on my mustang that I've bought but I've never seen anything in regards to you questions. But am sure if requested some type of information could be achieved. Me personally will and want to delete my truck because all the questions you are wondering tells me the EGR is a failure lol.

Allen Peter

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
Make certain you go to the web site and get the update on which hoses to hook up where , mine overheated my truck the first long trip I did with it , better when the hoses are in right hook ups , but not overly impressed ,it needs a cooling fan .
This is the H&S oil cooler , you have to delate the grill shutters and it does not come with a fan

Last edited:

Allen Peter

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
Make certain you go to the web site and get the update on which hoses to hook up where , mine overheated my truck the first long trip I did with it , better when the hoses are in right hook ups , but not overly impressed ,it needs a cooling fan .
This is the H&S kit.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
You need to edit your post I cant tell which kit your talking about. There are two remote mount oil cooler kits available for our Ecodiesels.

The one made by D&J diesel includes a bypass for cold weather and adds a secondary full flow oil filter. As well as two fans on the standered kit. They also have an hd option for people who two. It adds a second cooler and a third fan.

Now the one made by a H&S doesn't include a bypass for cold weather, second oil, or any fans. It well also tranfer heat to your intercooler. Which is why most of the people running it upgrade to the AFE intercooler.

Ive been running the Hd kit from D&J for about 9K now and it works very well. Some of the first kits had an error in the instructions but they fixed that now.

Allen Peter

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
You need to edit your post I cant tell which kit your talking about. There are two remote mount oil cooler kits available for our Ecodiesels.

The one made by D&J diesel includes a bypass for cold weather and adds a secondary full flow oil filter. As well as two fans on the standered kit. They also have an hd option for people who two. It adds a second cooler and a third fan.

Now the one made by a H&S doesn't include a bypass for cold weather, second oil, or any fans. It well also tranfer heat to your intercooler. Which is why most of the people running it upgrade to the AFE intercooler.

Ive been running the Hd kit from D&J for about 9K now and it works very well. Some of the first kits had an error in the instructions but they fixed that now.
Thanks did so , can you explain what the intercooler does

MRNY

Jul 7, 2015
Truck Year
Also the h/s oil cooler needs the honeycomb grill to get the real effects . My friend installed his with the bighorn grill and the temps didn't change. He called them and they said they didn't test with that grill they recommend trying the tradesman or sport grill which he did now his temps get as low as mine but only while moving lol. I have the D&J HD kit and I also have the stock bighorn grill my temps are below 200 and even in traffic only raise a few deg 205 then the fans lower the temp again.