• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Extended Warranty

JimT

May 4, 2016
Truck Year
My new dark green Longhorn ED is coming in next week! My biggest question is which Mopar extended warranty is the best choice. The range is apparently $800-$5,000.
Secondary question is which tonneau cover is best. I'm looking at the Retrax offered by the dealer.
Looking forward to the good advice.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Rodney at Chrysler warranty direct will most likely save you a small fortune on the same warranty your dealer offers.

His number is 1-888-352-6103

Decide how many miles per year you expect to put on it and get the longest time frame available based on your mileage. A small (maybe $100.00) deductible will keep the cost down.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
My new dark green Longhorn ED is coming in next week! My biggest question is which Mopar extended warranty is the best choice. The range is apparently $800-$5,000.
Secondary question is which tonneau cover is best. I'm looking at the Retrax offered by the dealer.
Looking forward to the good advice.

Welcome Jim!

The number @John posted seems to be everyone's go to guy. I would check him out.

For the tonneau cover, search around here.. some have posted their likes/dislikes of a few brands.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
The retrax covers are nice but it depends on your climate. Winter they don't function as well if you experience snow and particularly ice they're worthless and your truck needs to be completely thawed out. So heated garagability is a must. But opening your bed with the key fob option is awesome. Also the unusable portion of the bed due to the roll up box particularly if you ordered the 5' box really really limits your space. Solid Tri folds are becoming more popular especially the "in channel" style cover.

I personally had a Bak roll-x (I think they renamed it) hard aluminum roll up cover on mine and loved it before getting a fiberglass topper. Though there is a lot of bulk at the front of the bed when rolled up. (Figure the same area as a box style retracting cover) but it rolls above the bed so there's a big portion up against the window. (Edpm rubber bumpers for against the glass come with it of course).

The only thing it stopped me from doing was latching the tailgate with an ATV. I had to leave the gate down because it hit the cover an inch or so shy to close.

Hope this helps. Otherwise love the longhorn. I have a 15' prairie Pearl longhorn with ecodiesel and air suspension and it's been awesome to me.