• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to this forum

Sparksrick

Jul 29, 2016
Truck Year
Former 92 D250 Cummins First Gen owner. Loved it, engine ran like a teenager at 250K, but electric kept falling apart, OEM parts no longer as advertised or available, interior was disintegrating. Had a little Honda Ridgeline, but it just didn't have the towing capacity or mileage.
Really happy with this Ecodiesel picked it up used with 9900 miles on it, first thing I did was cruise it 6k to the east coast and back. 24.5 mpg with the hammer down.

Question: what are normal operating temps seen on the vehicle information display menu? Towing, hills, higher speeds? Cold weather?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I run a cold front in the winter, a stainless steel one not the mopar. Idle temps are maybe 140-160 driving may run closer to 195 then summers 206. 210-212 highway temps. Never seen my oil over 230 that I can recall but some have. I don't tow a tt but I've pulled full size trucks and numerous other vehicles.

People that run mountain passes with travel trailers and use cruise control obviously overheat their oil and see up to 260s. Sometimes slowing down is key.

Where do you live? What's your climate? Def doesn't get along with subzero temps and in town driving. It takes a substantial amount of time to thaw the tank considering it relies on the coolant lines as a heat exchanger. Last year was pretty mild so I can't attest to much but I use the block heater religiously and I've been good.

Sparksrick

Jul 29, 2016
Truck Year
I run a cold front in the winter, a stainless steel one not the mopar. Idle temps are maybe 140-160 driving may run closer to 195 then summers 206. 210-212 highway temps. Never seen my oil over 230 that I can recall but some have. I don't tow a tt but I've pulled full size trucks and numerous other vehicles.

People that run mountain passes with travel trailers and use cruise control obviously overheat their oil and see up to 260s. Sometimes slowing down is key.

Where do you live? What's your climate? Def doesn't get along with subzero temps and in town driving. It takes a substantial amount of time to thaw the tank considering it relies on the coolant lines as a heat exchanger. Last year was pretty mild so I can't attest to much but I use the block heater religiously and I've been good.
Sparks, nv, ordered a block heater cord, can see single digits, but teens usually

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Sparks, nv, ordered a block heater cord, can see single digits, but teens usually
Well figure Def freezes at 13°. But personally I use the block heater at night particularly or even at work until it's over 40° at night. I figure with the heater already having the coolant at 60-95° is worth it considering you don't have the cold startup or need to idle so much to get to temp.

The nice thing about the stainless winter front is it can be Used in any array of individual grill panels to meet your air flow needs to get the right temp. I think that is very important on fringe climates like yours.

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
Welcome to the site. Post a photo of your truck!