• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Converted to Ram. Again! Long introduction

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Hello fellow ED'ers. Im the proud owner of a 2015 Ram QC 4x4 bighorn ED.

My Ram conversion started back in 07. I had been a "Toyota guy" my whole life. But. I needed a full size truck and Toyota had not offered a real full sized truck at that point. So I wound up buying a 07 Dodge Ram QC 4x4. Nice truck but several months later Toyota launched its real full size Tundra. I drove straight to my yota dealer and traded in my Dodge. I never looked back.

Fast forward to 2014. The tundra had been perfect. Except one thing. It was THirsty!!! 17mpg is all I could get. So I started shopping for a new truck. Drove them all. IMO it wasn't close the Ram was the nicest truck my money could buy. So I bought the new 3.6 v6 with the 8 speed transmission. Good fuel economy and could pull my 20 foot glastron no problem!

However my truck had the dreaded transmission clunck. Really severe! I hiered a lawyer and Ram bought the truck back. I swore I would never buy another Ram again.

Fast forward another year and I needed a truck again. Once again I drove all the new trucks. Fortunately/ unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) I couldn't help but like the Ram trucks better then the rest. Even the new f150. So I'm about one month and 1000 miles in my ED. I couldn't be happier! I get 28 to 29 mpg highway regularly and combined 23 to 24! All this with real POWER! So far no tranny clunck and MAN IS THIS A NICE TRUCK!!

Thanks for reading!!

utdiesel

Mar 12, 2015
Truck Year
Welcome, it would of been hard for me coming back to the Ram after those problems but it's a nice truck. So far so good on mine!

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Thank you guys! I like the format of this forum. I hope it continues to grow. I think I'll drop a hint over at ramforumz too.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Thanks! I looked over at ramforumz and some other EcoDiesel forums but they are all corporate owned that doesn't really care about the members. I'm here because I love the ecodiesel.

Those guys just look at numbers.. :(

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks! I looked over at ramforumz and some other EcoDiesel forums but they are all corporate owned that doesn't really care about the members. I'm here because I love the ecodiesel.

Those guys just look at numbers.. :(
This is like the small hometown ecodiesel forum.
Small tight knit community that tries not to get caught up on the big city drama and actually help one another out with advice support troubleshooting or upgrades.
Boost is very involved as administrator and it's a pleasure to be here over the big forums.

Last edited: