• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service engine light on 2016

Jordan robbins

Sep 21, 2016
Truck Year
I guys I'm new to the form. I just bought a 2016 ecodiesel and on my drive home the service engine soon light came on and when placed in park the p indicator for park started to flashing at me. Anyone else heard of this or might know what's going on. The truck only has 525 miles on it. I called ram and they had a tow truck come get it and take it to the dealer. The truck has been there since Monday and the ram customer service rep said she called the dealer and their still trying to figure out what is wrong with the truck. Any information or help is appreciated thanks

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I guys I'm new to the form. I just bought a 2016 ecodiesel and on my drive home the service engine soon light came on and when placed in park the p indicator for park started to flashing at me. Anyone else heard of this or might know what's going on. The truck only has 525 miles on it. I called ram and they had a tow truck come get it and take it to the dealer. The truck has been there since Monday and the ram customer service rep said she called the dealer and their still trying to figure out what is wrong with the truck. Any information or help is appreciated thanks

Welcome Jordan. I will say, that's some terrible luck.. having the truck towed as soon as you get home. Without the engine codes (if any), it'd be hard for us to give you any info. It's obviously something electrical but your guess is as good as ours. I would hope they would have an update already for you but it sounds like they don't.

Maybe since it's so new, have the dealer go ahead an get you into a different EcoDiesel? Just my thoughts. Hopefully they can get something worked out quick!

Last edited:

Jordan robbins

Sep 21, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks for your input I checked the all of the information in the digital display before they picked it up and there wasn't any messages my brother who has a 2012 hemi said to check there. I will keep posting updates when I get them. Thanks again.

Jordan robbins

Sep 21, 2016
Truck Year
So here's the update I have the truck back and there was like fifteen modules that weren't communicating and the computer had to be flashed and that took care of the problem.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
So here's the update I have the truck back and there was like fifteen modules that weren't communicating and the computer had to be flashed and that took care of the problem.

Great to hear it was just an update that was needed!