• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New owner

Michael

Sep 28, 2016
Truck Year
Love this truck but these posts scare the hell out of me, from oil change, to what type of oil to lots of issues, I'm hoping someone can tell me that this is a good reliable truck

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome Michael!

Overall, they are good trucks. Some folks will never have a problem. It would be nice if we did know why some engines are failing but it's hush hush from Ram for now.. or at least no one has been told what's going on and reported it.

Maintain the truck like the manual states, and 9/10 you'll never have a problem. A few have over 100K with no problems and they're still going strong.

AJ73942

Aug 2, 2016
Truck Year
congrats on your new truck! Welcome the forum. I love my diesel and I do take comfort in the fact that it's got the 5 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. Mine has been trouble free.

Benito

Sep 27, 2016
Truck Year
Love this truck but these posts scare the hell out of me, from oil change, to what type of oil to lots of issues, I'm hoping someone can tell me that this is a good reliable truck

Maintenance on time and good quality diesel (keeping receipts just in case) and you should be golden

Michael

Sep 28, 2016
Truck Year
I use Archoil AR6200 and Howes in my fuel. I use Amsoil and Archoil AR9100 in the crankcase.

I'm a bit of a motorhead and these additives give me a warm fuzzy feeling, like I'm giving my dog a treat.
Which howes, msp and how much and how often?

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
Just the clear honey colored bottle. I think its called Howes Diesel Treatment. It prevents gelling in the winter and adds lubricity all seasons. Directions are on the bottle.