• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Truck bed Tie Downs

NotYellow

Sep 19, 2016
Truck Year
So, I recently bought a 2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn EcoDiesel. So far I love the truck, but then again it has less than 1,000 miles on it.

Anyway, I previously had the "Mopar" metal tie down accessory on my 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi. I liked them, but the dealership told me you can no longer get those through Mopar.

So I started doing research and found Bull Ring, another retractable tie down.

Here is where this gets good! To install these on our trucks you need to buy 2 special router bits ($12 a bit) to cut the appropriate holes for the Bull Ring. I go to Bull Ring's website and purchase 4 bull rings and the appropriate bits to do the job. The cost is just over $75, but hey I have a $50,000 truck.

I get my order from Amazon and I'm excited to do the install. I set up my lap top so I can watch the install video on Youtube. I follow the instruction and make my first cut, no problems. I go to do the second cut (needs a different bit) and realize they sent me the wrong bit... DAMN! Now I have drilled and cut holes in the plastic rail liner and can't finish the job. I figure, oh well everyone makes mistakes.

I go through the typical BS on Amazon of returning the wrong item for a refund. I print the label,package the wrong bit and mail it back. I immediately re-order the bit I need and hope that it will arrive by the end of the weekend so I can finish the install. The tracking indicated the bit would arrive today (Sunday) and I anxiously await the package and it arrives around noon time. I head to the garage to finish my tie down hook install. I open the package and think to myself, wouldn't it be something if they sent the wrong bit again... I chuckle and think, no that won't happen. GUESS WHAT? Yep, the same damn bit I just sent back to Amazon a few days ago!

I sent an email directly to Bull ring expressing my frustration. It looks like you order through Amazon, but the product is shipped my Bull ring.

I'll update everyone on how this turns out with Bull ring. Hopefully this gets straightened out and I can finish doing the install before Thanksgiving.

http://www.bullringusa.com/,

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
So, I recently bought a 2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn EcoDiesel. So far I love the truck, but then again it has less than 1,000 miles on it.

Anyway, I previously had the "Mopar" metal tie down accessory on my 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi. I liked them, but the dealership told me you can no longer get those through Mopar.

So I started doing research and found Bull Ring, another retractable tie down.

Here is where this gets good! To install these on our trucks you need to buy 2 special router bits ($12 a bit) to cut the appropriate holes for the Bull Ring. I go to Bull Ring's website and purchase 4 bull rings and the appropriate bits to do the job. The cost is just over $75, but hey I have a $50,000 truck.

I get my order from Amazon and I'm excited to do the install. I set up my lap top so I can watch the install video on Youtube. I follow the instruction and make my first cut, no problems. I go to do the second cut (needs a different bit) and realize they sent me the wrong bit... DAMN! Now I have drilled and cut holes in the plastic rail liner and can't finish the job. I figure, oh well everyone makes mistakes.

I go through the typical BS on Amazon of returning the wrong item for a refund. I print the label,package the wrong bit and mail it back. I immediately re-order the bit I need and hope that it will arrive by the end of the weekend so I can finish the install. The tracking indicated the bit would arrive today (Sunday) and I anxiously await the package and it arrives around noon time. I head to the garage to finish my tie down hook install. I open the package and think to myself, wouldn't it be something if they sent the wrong bit again... I chuckle and think, no that won't happen. GUESS WHAT? Yep, the same damn bit I just sent back to Amazon a few days ago!

I sent an email directly to Bull ring expressing my frustration. It looks like you order through Amazon, but the product is shipped my Bull ring.

I'll update everyone on how this turns out with Bull ring. Hopefully this gets straightened out and I can finish doing the install before Thanksgiving.

http://www.bullringusa.com/,

I usually have really good luck with Amazon, and they almost never mess up twice in a roll. Some tough luck for sure.. But, yea anytime you're in a hurry to get something done it almost never works out in my experience.

NotYellow

Sep 19, 2016
Truck Year
Well I should have shown a little patience... Steve from Bull Rings emailed me already (on Sunday). Bull Ring are doing the right thing and mailing me the correct bit tomorrow morning, which restores my confidence in the company.

It looks to be an Amazon issue all the way. I order a lot, almost everything, from Amazon and honestly they hardly ever make mistakes.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Well I should have shown a little patience... Steve from Bull Rings emailed me already (on Sunday). Bull Ring are doing the right thing and mailing me the correct bit tomorrow morning, which restores my confidence in the company.

It looks to be an Amazon issue all the way. I order a lot, almost everything, from Amazon and honestly they hardly ever make mistakes.

Great to hear!

NotYellow

Sep 19, 2016
Truck Year
Bull Rings installed! I like them, very smooth appearance.

Attachments

• 2016-10-04 18.00.10.jpg
    2016-10-04 18.00.10.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 2016-10-04 17.59.51.jpg
    2016-10-04 17.59.51.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 31
  • 2016-10-04 17.58.41.jpg
    2016-10-04 17.58.41.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 31

Day Trippin

Jul 20, 2016
Truck Year
Those look nice. How much was the work for the install? If they would work with my tonneau cover I'd love to have a set.

NotYellow

Sep 19, 2016
Truck Year
Installed them myself. The total cost was about $75. You need to buy the tie downs and router bits to properly cut the plastic on the bed rail... pretty easy to do.[/QUOTE]

Day Trippin

Jul 20, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks. I'll look for them on Amazon and try and determine if they'll fit with my cover.

NotYellow

Sep 19, 2016
Truck Year
Hello, I was wondering how many your installed? Did you install two closet to the cab also?
Yes, I installed all four. The bits make it easy to cut all four to the exact size you need.