• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Headlights

Aug 28, 2016
Truck Year
Ok, my wife read an article somewhere which said that all new pickup manufacture headlights are subpar. That got me thinking. My low beams are intolerable unless I have my fog lights on. My high beams are OK, but has anyone done any upgrades to bulbs to make better light. Mine may just need to be adjusted, or I'm getting old and my site dim.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
Ok, my wife read an article somewhere which said that all new pickup manufacture headlights are subpar. That got me thinking. My low beams are intolerable unless I have my fog lights on. My high beams are OK, but has anyone done any upgrades to bulbs to make better light. Mine may just need to be adjusted, or I'm getting old and my site dim.
I agree, my low beams are not at all what I expected. Also, it's quite disappointing that in 2016 Ram isn't supplying daytime running lights (like every other manufacturer) without taking your truck to the service department and having them go into the brain box and activate some special dealer sales code. It's a safety feature for Christ sakes.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I agree, my low beams are not at all what I expected. Also, it's quite disappointing that in 2016 Ram isn't supplying daytime running lights (like every other manufacturer) without taking your truck to the service department and having them go into the brain box and activate some special dealer sales code. It's a safety feature for Christ sakes.
It is a safety feature but it's not required in the states. But it is in Canada. So Canadian sold vehicles all have the code enabled. USA sales are written but not activated codes.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Do you have the quad headlights or the factory projector housing? I upgraded to an HID (xenon) bulb and ballast system in my factory projector housing and it is 250% improvement

Diesel30

Aug 1, 2013
Who has good HID kits? Need something reliable as having a headlight out is no fun and makes a truck look like JUNK!

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Who has good HID kits? Need something reliable as having a headlight out is no fun and makes a truck look like JUNK!
Enlight automotive has a great system for the ram. My HID is fantastic

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
It is a safety feature but it's not required in the states. But it is in Canada. So Canadian sold vehicles all have the code enabled. USA sales are written but not activated codes.
Thank you, I already know this. My point was that the truck should come with them already activated.

Aug 28, 2016
Truck Year
I have no Idea which headlights I have. Mine is a 2015 bighorn. I looked up the link that you were referring to and it looks very complicated (for me at least). Ain't there just a brighter bulb or something I can put in?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I have no Idea which headlights I have. Mine is a 2015 bighorn. I looked up the link that you were referring to and it looks very complicated (for me at least). Ain't there just a brighter bulb or something I can put in?
So you have the lower headlights? From this image
2013-ram-1500-slt-crew-cab-4x4-grille-and-headlight-photo-517823-s-1280x782_grande.jpg

I suppose if you don't want any wiring at all and you just need a small light upgrade you need to order "Osram Night Breaker" bulbs to replace your factory bulbs. They are the highest lumen output halogen headlamp on the market. About 75 a pair last time I checked around. I recommend buying an extra set as well as the brighter a halogen lamp the shorter the lifespan.

jhwrx1

Dec 21, 2015
From what I have read you have to be careful about replacement headlights because the trucks computer will turn off the light or tell you that you have a burnt out bulb. Look at youtube under headlight revolution videos. I want to change my light to leds but I don't want to add all the resisters and other stuff.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
From what I have read you have to be careful about replacement headlights because the trucks computer will turn off the light or tell you that you have a burnt out bulb. Look at youtube under headlight revolution videos. I want to change my light to leds but I don't want to add all the resisters and other stuff.
There's not really another option, the inline canbus modules don't seem to fare well with our trucks

R Stanley

Dec 22, 2016
Truck Year
Remember even if you just change out just the bulb, you still have to disassemble the front grill to change out the bulb.. no way around it unless you have very small hands.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year