• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Code comes and goes

PilotguyR6

Jun 20, 2016
Truck Year
Hey guys, I apologize if somebody has posted this already but on my 2014 Eco I have been getting a code (P26AB) code and go for a while. Doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to when it comes and goes. There were similar codes listed but not this one specifically. Any ideas?

Merry Christmas!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
We've had no reports of that code here. By searching it looks like it might be a coolant valve leak or something of that nature? I would see what your dealer has to say and go from there.

Merry Christmas !

PilotguyR6

Jun 20, 2016
Truck Year
We've had no reports of that code here. By searching it looks like it might be a coolant valve leak or something of that nature? I would see what your dealer has to say and go from there.

Merry Christmas !

Thanks, I'll get it looked at and Post what I find.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
With a little research, according to FCA this code should be allied with the Coolant valve sticking in open position in relation to either a 5.7L gas engine or the 8HP70 transmission. Since this is in relation to a ED I would go first to the Transmission TCM, that big finned box on the transmission with coolant lines and ATF lines, and perform diagnostic procedures related to that TCM. It also comes up as a false code due to incomplete flash ECM programing, so it could be a false call. This would be the system which maintains the "proper" temperature of the Transmission by switching from Engine Coolant heating to Cooling once up to operating temperature. So basically it boils down to a Dealer Tech with enough knowledge to figure out which situation you have. Good Luck. I finally found a dealer that I trust, can verify the information I already know, and this dealer has made a world of difference in Warranty issue resolution for me.

PilotguyR6

Jun 20, 2016
Truck Year
The coolant valve it is, part should arrive at the shop today. Thanks guys.