• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1/10 of a gallon of gas in tank...stupidity

Manuelm

Dec 22, 2016
Truck Year
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum. Was directed here when I googled consequences of putting gas in my eco diesel. I have a 2016 ram eco diesel. Got it brand new. I've put 37000 miles on. I just did something stupid. I put less than 1/10 of a gallon of gas in my tank. I realized suddenly and then put 15 gallons of diesel #2 in. I've now traveled about 20 miles. So far nothing noticeable. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

John

Nov 13, 2015
In my opinion you will not cause any harm with that small amount of gasoline mixed with diesel.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
tanker trucks usually don't wash out after delivering fuel, they usually deliver both gas and diesel, especially in smaller communities, there's probably gas in every diesel tank and diesel in every gas tank, just very minute amounts, I'd run it down to 3/4 or 1/2 and fill it up again, also if you're pretty worried about it, grab a bottle of stanadyne lubricity additive, it's in a purple bottle, not blue, shop I help out at occasionally sells it for this reason or someone comes in with a tank full of gas, drop the tank, pump out the gas, fill with diesel and a couple bottles of lubricity additive and happy motoring.